for the local office of a foreign NGO
Starting from 01. November 2020 the local office of a well-established foreign NGO implements an EU Funded cultural education project. For this project the Organisation is looking for:
Title of the Position: Project Assistant – Gaza
Capacity: Part time (50%: 20 hours weekly)
Location: Gaza City, with regular field work in the Gaza Strip.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The Project Assistant will:
- facilitate a variety of public events and community-based dialogue and consultation sessions;
- take care of organising meetings, conferences, workshops;
- take care of travel arrangements, venues, catering, compile material, send invitations, compiling media reports etc;
- compile, prepare and translate financial supporting documents for the project in Gaza;
- translate project-related documents;
- draft report of project’s activities in Gaza;
- be responsible of day-today coordination, logistics support, keeping files of the project’s activities in Gaza Strip;
- Facilitate and participate in follow up visits to partners in Gaza Strip;
- Organise meetings with local community members;
- support administration of sub-granting in Gaza,
- support the process of selection and establishment of start-up businesses;
- take meetings minutes, shares information with team members etc.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Professional knowledge and experience
- Degree – preferably in business administration, management or social sciences;
- At least two years of work experience in project coordination/ assistance including financial administration experience;
- Knowledge of project cycle management;
- Experience in either community mobilisation or organisational development;
Additional preferable knowledge and experience
- Experience in administration and coordination of sub-granting;
- Longer experience in financial assistance/ administration;
- Experience in planning/ coordinating/ managing/ curating public and specific cultural/ artistic/ and touristic events;
- Knowledge and experience in managing social media and digital events, press writing, storytelling etc.;
- Experience in coordinating and overseeing international travel plans/ bookings/visa applications etc.
Skills and competencies
The ideal candidate would possess the following as a must:
- Fluency in Arabic and English (written and spoken);
- Adequate ability to use and manage digital communication and learning tools;
- Good abilities in technical and systematic writing in both Arabic and English languages;
- Genuine interest in and adequate knowledge of the Palestinian cultural, historical, social, political and economic contexts;
- Be energetic, flexible and adaptable in their approach;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Good interpersonal skills with people at all levels;
- Ability to prioritise and work to set timescales and procedures;
Employment is for 50%, three years, intended to start on the 1st of January 2021 with annual contracts that are renewable based on annual evaluation. First six months are considered a probationary period.
The annual gross salary of this position is Euro 6,600 which is inclusive of income tax, medical insurance, end of service provision and any other employee’s rights based on the Palestinian Labour Law. Payment will be in local currency.
Please send the following in English:
- Your CV with a list of three references and their updated contact information; at least one of which being a previous employer, and
- A motivation letter that explains how you are a suitable candidate for this position.
to the following email address by the 15th December 4:00 PM, 2020:
Please use the following as a title of your email: Project Assistant Gaza – Cultural Education Project.
Only applications that include all requested information will be reviewed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview on 23rd + 24th December, 2020.
The employer believes in and will ensure equal-opportunity and equal treatment for all female and male candidates who are eligible for this position.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!