The Project Assistant will contribute to the successful implementation of the emergency WASH program. The position holder will be responsible for the successful quality implementation and coordination of program activities. The Project Assistant will support and monitor the plans of the short-term technical team for implementation ensuing timely reports and updates. Lead coordination with community-based organisations (CBOs) and local communities at the field level.
Key Area 1: IMPLEMENTATION
- Plan day-to-day follow up of activities implementation according to the plans. .
- Support and monitor the short-term technical team and lead coordination with CBOs and local communities in implementing the project activities.
- Contribute to developing beneficiary selection criteria and monitor the selection process.
- Provide technical support to enable the design of hygiene awareness messages and tools.;
- Lead the process of delivering hygiene messages and distribution of hygiene materials, ensuring the quality of supplied materials in accordance with local applied standards.
Key Area 2: MONITORING, EVALUATION & REPORTING
- Support the monitoring of project implementation against the established indicators detailed in the projects Logical Framework.
- Ensure daily activities at the field level follow implementation guidelines.
- Conduct field visits and meetings with local communities to ensure quality implementation of project activities.
- Participate actively in the overall project monitoring and evaluation process in coordination with the project partner.
- Actively participate in the regular project related meetings.
- Assist in the documentation of lessons learnt, best practice and case studies.
- Work closely with the Program Officer to ensure preparation of timely and high quality reports.
Key Area 3: COMMUNICATION
- Assist in the preparation and coordination for any field visits related to the project activities .
Support PAC team in content preparation success stories and case studies. Effectively communicate with CBOs program plans, progress and challenges.
Key Area 4: General
- Contribute in and participate in response activities as per the early action plan and the direction of the line manager.
- Perform other responsibilities reasonable to level of skills and experience, in agreement with the line manager based on changing in operation environment and urgent organization needs.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
Bachelor degree in Health or any other Related Field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum one year experience in program implementation with a stronger focus on WASH. NGO experience is a plus.
- Experience of delivering hygiene promotion in local communities and emergency context.
- Experience of community mobilization and NFI distribution.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Demonstrates good experience in using computerized programs
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, team-oriented work style, interest and experience of working in a multicultural environment.
- Flexible and willing to work long working hours where necessary.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Good command of English and Arabic language skills
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.