PalTrade was established in 1998 as a non-profit, membership based organization to “lead the development of Palestinian export as a driving force for sustainable national economic growth”. Over the last 18 years PalTrade, as the mandated National Export Development and Promotion Organization has worked with Palestinian exporters, the wider export support and national partner network, international donor agencies and the international export support network, to deliver a positive impact on Palestinian export performance. In addition, PalTrade’s role as the Secretariat of the Palestinian Export Council (PEC) which aims to facilitate public / private partnership in the elaboration, coordination and monitoring of the Palestinian National Export Strategy (NES) in a manner that best enhances exports and international competitiveness which have provided a unique opportunity for moving the export development agenda significantly to the forefront.
PalTrade has received a grant from the USAID to implement a project titled “Creating a Competitive Edge of the Palestinian MSMEs in the Local and Potential Export Markets”. The project aims to build up the capacity of MSMEs in order to increase their market share locally and internationally. Design of the project will hinge primarily on support to the firm/industry level where partners will leverage their capability to support competitive product and service development to supply the markets’ needs. In addition, partners will work with other Trade Support Institutions (TSIs) from different institutional environments to foster an enabling environment for Palestinian producers, including trade facilitation, business movement facilitation, linkages with Trade Support institutions, and linkages with Palestinian Diaspora in the identified markets. Throughout the proposed project, three cross-cutting themes will be incorporated – support to women and youth in enterprise/product development, fostering of innovation and identification of prospects for eco-processes and products.
- Palestine Trade Center – PalTrade
- Palestinian Federation of Industries – PFI
- Palestinian Shippers’ Council - PSC
PalTrade is seeking candidates for a Project Assistant position.
Please visit the link below for the Job Description of the position: www.paltrade.org/en_US/news/article/view/vacancies/admin-assistance
The admin assistance must possess the following requirements and qualifications:
- BA degree in economics, business, or equivalent related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in project coordination/management
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English and Arabic language writing and speaking.
- Excellent Report Writing skills
- Excellent planning skills.
- Skilled user of MS Office ( word, Excel and PowerPoint), the use of webinars and social
- Very good Knowledge in the public and private sectors institutions.
Human Resource Management – Job Descriptions
- Applicants with immediate availability are highly preferable.
- Professional experience in implementing USAID funded projects/USAID grant management;
- Professional experience in drafting monitoring/evaluation reports, financial and narrative
project reports and other supportive documents;
- Familiarity with USAID public procurement and contract management;
- Strong organizational skills.
- High level of individual initiative and creativity.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to comfortably sell various programs and opportunities primarily via telephone and email.
- Self motivated in a non-traditional work environment.
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external clients and staff.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills
The Deadline for receiving CVs and cover letters will be on Sunday, June 27, 2018. Please Submit CVs and cover letters to [email protected] . Only shortlisted candidates who meet requirements will be contacted for short –listed interview. PalTrade is an Equal opportunity employer: applications from men and women will be considered equally.