The Opportunity – Project Assistant ( 3 posts)
Contract Duration: 12 months
Contract type: National
The Project Assistant will contribute to the successful implementation of the emergency cash assistance programme. The position holder will be responsible for the successful quality implementation and coordination of programme activities. The Project Assistant will support and monitor the implementation of activities ensuing timely reports and updates. The Assistant will contribute to ensuring that cash assistance is delivered according to SCI policies and regulations.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Key Area 1: IMPLEMENTATION
- Plan day-to-day follow up of activities implementation according to the plans in coordination with the local partners and report on progress and any challenges encountered.
- Conduct sensitization sessions with beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries on the voucher distribution process in different target areas close to beneficiaries’ homes and distribution points.
- Conduct regular field visits to coordinate, implement and monitor cash assistance activities, and collect data in accordance with the project’s needs.
- Contribute to developing beneficiary selection criteria and verification of beneficiary lists.
- Assist project team in communicating feedback to beneficiaries and other stakeholders when requested.
- Maintain and file project documents and correspondence.
Key Area 2: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
- Support the monitoring of project implementation against the established indicators detailed in the projects Logical Framework.
- Ensure daily activities at the field level follow implementation guidelines.
- Conduct field visits and meetings with beneficiaries, vendors, (Community Based Organizations) CBOs and local communities to ensure quality implementation of project activities.
- Participate actively in the overall project monitoring and evaluation process in coordination with the project partner.
- Actively participate in the regular project related meetings.
- Assist in the documentation of lessons learnt, best practice and case studies.
- Work closely with the Programme Officer to ensure preparation of timely and high quality reports.
Key Area 3: COMMUNICATION
- Assist in the preparation and coordination for any field visits related to the project activities.
- Support Advocacy, Media, and Communications (AMC) team in content preparation success stories and case studies.
- Ensure that all donor branding and visibility requirements are fulfilled.
Key Area 4: General
- Contribute in and participate in response activities as per the early action plan and the direction of the line manager.
- Perform other responsibilities reasonable to level of skills and experience, in agreement with the line manager based on changing in operation environment and urgent organization needs.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, business administration, social work, or any other related field.
- At least one year experience in programme implementation with a stronger focus on Food Cash Voucher Assistance. NGO experience is a plus.
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Demonstrates good experience in using computerized programs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, team-oriented work style, interest and experience of working in a multicultural environment.
- Flexible and willing to work long working hours where necessary.
- Understanding of Save the Children’s vision, mission, and commitment to its objectives and values.
- Commitment to upholding Save the Children’s Safeguarding Policy, as well as principles of do no harm and confidentiality.
- Excellent computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good command of English and Arabic language skills.
- Valid driving licence.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
Save the Children works in development and humanitarian contexts with children and partners to help families, communities, and governments identify and use innovations to ensure all children survive, learn and are protected.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة