Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non-governmental organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and society in Women and Childhood, Food Security, Economic Empowerment, Community Development and emergency response & early recovery. Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community. For further information about Bayader, please visit: www.bayader.ps.
Bayader is recruiting candidates for the following position:
Project Accountant (PA)
Position Title: Project Accountant (PA), Part Time (12 Hrs. per week)
Number of available Positions: 1
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Direct Report: Executive Director (ED)
Expected Start Date: June 2023
Expected Duration: 11 Months
YEP Project Background:
For the cooperation program between European Union Delegation EUDEL and Belgium; Enabel - Belgian development agency is responsible for implementing the project of “Youth Economic Empowerment in Palestine (YEP) as part of the EU-funded Youth Empowerment Program, title of the action within his project is Youth Economic Empowerment in southern area of Gaza Strip”. The general objective of the action will be enhance resilience of the most vulnerable youth and young women by supporting them to develop sustainable micro- or small businesses that are viable in their local economies. The general objective of this action is to enhance resilience of the most vulnerable youth and young women by supporting them to develop sustainable micro- or small businesses that are viable in their local economies. The specific objective of this action is to ensure that young women and men are better equipped to access self-employment opportunities.
In partnership with Enabel, Bayader is responsible to achieve the following result: Empowered vulnerable women and youth for establishing sustainable and resilient micro businesses. Under this result YEP project will support the creation of viable and economically feasible livelihood microbusinesses through providing capacity building, skills enhancement, seed funding, coaching, and mentoring to vulnerable and marginalized women and youth following the community-based and sustainable livelihood approach.
Bayader is implementing project activities related to the livelihood component in the middle, Khan Younis, and Rafah governorates.
Under the supervision of the Acting Financial manager at Bayader, the Project Accountant (PA) is responsible for the preparation of clear, thorough, accurate and correct accounting documents in compliance with all Bayader and International Partners NGOs accounting and financial procedures and policies through the use of computer software applications.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Managing the project budget-by-budget formulation, controlling allocations, monitoring expenditures, and preparing revisions according to the needs of the projects;
- Recording and Bookkeeping of financial transactions includes payments, receipts and other journal entries;
- Prepare payment requests and get the needed approvals. This entails control of supporting documentation for vouchers/invoices and checking for correctness of expenditure lines and budget project codes against which the payment requests are issued;
- Timely and accurate preparation of financial reports, in compliance with the financial obligations stated in the signed partnership agreement;
- Work closely with the Project Coordinator (budget holder) and under financial supervision of acting financial manager, for budget follow up, proposed budget reallocations, cash forecast and other issues related to purchases.
- Maintain up to date archiving system for the financial reports, and staff work contracts. (both soft and hard copies);
- Prepare Monthly Cash flow forecasts and the bank reconciliation;
- Ensures the effective recording and reporting system, internal control and audit follow-up and processes administrative and financial transactions in an accurate and timely way;
- Ability to handle different budget formats including matching activities with actual expenses alongside with vouchers and other supporting documents;
- Perform any other financial tasks that could be required.
- Other duties and tasks related to the project.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, or other relevant filed with at least good grade ;
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience in similar position;
- Minimum 1 year experience working with local NGOs;
- Knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel;
- Experience in using the accounting system (Golden Asseal );
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English & Arabic;
- Ability to prepare financial plans and financial analysis;
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team;
- Able to work under pressure and able to work within a team.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE
- Deadline for submitting applications Sunday 4/6/2023 no later than 16:00 PM.
- Bayader is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, or disability status.
- Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply and to seek Bayader for Environment & Development support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
- At Bayader, we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of all people including children/ vulnerable adults our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.