Position Title Project Accountant (Full-time) محاسب/ة مشروع: المنصب
Location Gaza Strip غزة
Report to Executive manager المدير التنفيذي: المسؤول المباشر
Project Duration 10-month, starting date: Aug 2022
شهور تبدأ من /08/202210 مدة المشروع
PFI was established in 1999 as a private sector institution, as well as national institution that represents the industrial sector in Palestine through specialized industrial federations. The PFI follows the law of the Palestinian Federation of Industries and specialized industrial unions No (2) for the year 2006. The main role of the General Union is to qualify and train members, represent them effectively and defend their interests, develop effective policies to promote the industrial sector and developing the local economy. PFI has a mission to support the Palestinian national industries and protect them against dumping and unfair competition through the following tools: Development of the national industries by orienting domestic and foreign investments and introducing modern industrial systems. Regulating of industrial activity in accordance with the type of industrial production through specialized unions and provide them with the necessary support. Endeavor to raise the competitiveness of the national industrial products.
PFI, in partnership with UNDP, will start a project entitled “Gaza Early Recovery Programme” on first-August 2022 and for a period of 12 months. The project will be implemented in collaboration with and the support of the UNDP. This has become a challenge for the in Gaza economy. urgent measures and interventions were necessary to strengthen the ecosystem and the continuity of providing the services to the public. Also, it aims to provide Gazans directly affected by the latest conflict with access to dignified short-term jobs and income-generating opportunities, to help restore and stabilize their livelihoods.
Therefore, PFI is looking for a competent and experienced project Accountant to work in the project. The accountant ensures the processing, entering and control of accounting data and documents of the portfolio's interventions in order to provide qualitative accounting: reliable, timely and exhaustive. The project Accountant should work in compliance with PFI values, rules, and regulations. He/she will work under the direct supervision of PFI Executive manager.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Managing the project budget-by-budget formulation, controlling allocations, monitoring expenditures, and preparing revisions according to the needs of the projects;
- Recording and Bookkeeping of financial transactions includes payments, receipts and other journal entries;
- Prepare payment requests and get the needed approvals. This entails control of supporting documentation for vouchers/invoices and checking for correctness of expenditure lines and budget project codes against which the payment requests are issued;
- Timely and accurate preparation of financial reports, in compliance with the financial obligations stated in the signed partnership agreement;
- Work closely with the Project Coordinator (budget holder) and under financial supervision of acting financial manager, for budget follow up, proposed budget reallocations, cash forecast and other issues related to purchases.
- Maintain up to date archiving system for the financial reports, and staff work contracts. (Both soft and hard copies);
- Prepare Monthly Cash flow forecasts and the bank reconciliation;
- Ensures the effective recording and reporting system, internal control and audit follow-up and processes administrative and financial transactions in an accurate and timely way;
- Ability to handle different budget formats including matching activities with actual expenses alongside with vouchers and other supporting documents;
- Perform any other financial tasks that could be required.
- Other duties and tasks related to the project.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- University degree in accounting, or other relevant filed;
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in similar position;
- Minimum 2-year experience working with local NGOs; especially in the field of dignified cash for work, employment with international or national organizations.
- Knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel;
- Experience in using the accounting system (Bisan system);
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English & Arabic;
- Ability to prepare financial plans and financial analysis;
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team;
- Able to work under pressure and able to work within a team.
- Resident of Gaza governorate.
- Good understanding and commitment to PFI core values and principles.
The candidates should submit their resume with English cover letter by email to [email protected] not later than 10 Aug 2022. (Email should be titled with “position title”).