Job Vacancy Re-Announcement
Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non – government organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and society in child protection & education, development and institution building, community development, economic empowerment & civic participation and emergency response & early recovery.
Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community. For more information, please visit Bayader website: www.bayader.ps
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) in partnership with Bayader is anticipated to get fund for the implementation of Shelter and PSS Support to Conflict Affected Gazans project.
The project aims to restore the sense of dignity, privacy, safety, and wellbeing for families whose homes were damaged during May 2021 conflict. CRS and Bayader will provide assistance for 120 households, to complete shelter repairs for partial and severe damages that reduce displacement and allow vulnerable families to live in safe and adequate housing. The project will be implemented in Khan Younis governorates.
Bayader is seeking highly skilled staff to be hired for the following position of an anticipated shelter Project:
Position Title: Project Accountant (Part Time)
# of Position Available: 1
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Reports To: Acting Financial Manager
Period: 4 Months
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Managing the project budget-by-budget formulation, controlling allocations, monitoring expenditures, and preparing revisions according to the needs of the projects.
- Recording and bookkeeping of financial transactions includes payments, receipts and another journal entries.
- Prepare payment requests and get the needed approvals. This entails control of supporting documentation for vouchers/invoices and checking for correctness of expenditure lines and budget project codes against which the payment requests are issued.
- Timely and accurate preparation of financial reports, in compliance with the financial obligations stated in the signed partnership agreement.
- Work closely with the acting financial manager and Project Coordinator (budget holder) and under financial supervision of acting financial manager, for budget follow up, proposed budget reallocations, cash forecast and other issues related to purchases.
- Maintain up to date archiving system for the financial reports, and staff work contracts. (both soft and hard copies).
- Prepare Monthly Cash flow forecasts and the bank reconciliation.
- Ensures the effective recording and reporting system, internal control and audit follow-up and processes administrative and financial transactions in an accurate and timely way.
- Ability to handle different budget formats including matching activities with actual expenses alongside with vouchers and other supporting documents.
- Perform any other financial tasks that could be required.
- Other duties and tasks related to the project.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Accounting, or other relevant filed.
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in similar position.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with local NGOs.
- Knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Experience in using the accounting system (Golden Asseal).
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English & Arabic.
- Ability to prepare financial plans and financial analysis.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- Able to work under pressure and able to work within a team.
- Resident of khan Younis governorate.