Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non – government organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and society in child protection & education, development and institution building, community development, economic empowerment & civic participation and emergency response & early recovery.
Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community.
For more information about Bayader, www.bayader.ps
Bayader in partnership with Islamic Relief Palestine, starts to implement “Strengthening the role of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) and municipalities towards environment protection in the Gaza strip” project, funded by Islamic Relief Sweden by grant from Sida (the Swedish International Development Cooperating Agency), through ForumCiv.
Bayader is recruiting candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Project Accountant (PA) (Part Time)
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Reports To: Project Coordinator
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Managing the project budget-by-budget formulation, controlling allocations, monitoring expenditures, and preparing revisions according to the needs of the projects;
- Recording and Bookkeeping of financial transactions includes payments, receipts and other journal entries;
- Prepare payment requests and get the needed approvals. This entails control of supporting documentation for vouchers/invoices and checking for correctness of expenditure lines and budget project codes against which the payment requests are issued;
- Timely and accurate preparation of financial reports, in compliance with the financial obligations stated in the signed partnership agreement;
- Work closely with the Project Coordinator (budget holder) and under financial supervision of acting financial manager, for budget follow up, proposed budget reallocations, cash forecast and other issues related to purchases.
- Maintain up to date archiving system for the financial reports, and staff work contracts. (both soft and hard copies);
- Prepare Monthly Cash flow forecasts and the bank reconciliation;
- Ensures the effective recording and reporting system, internal control and audit follow-up and processes administrative and financial transactions in an accurate and timely way;
- Ability to handle different budget formats including matching activities with actual expenses alongside with vouchers and other supporting documents;
- Perform any other financial tasks that could be required.
- Other duties and tasks related to the project.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Accounting, or other relevant filed;
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience in similar position;
- Minimum 1 year experience working with local NGOs;
- Knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel;
- Experience in using the accounting system (Golden Asseal );
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English & Arabic;
- Ability to prepare financial plans and financial analysis;
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team;
- Able to work under pressure and able to work within a team.
- Resident of khan Younis governorate.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE
Deadline for submitting applications Monday, 12/04/2021, no later than 16:00 PM.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.