Starting from 01. November 2020 the local office of a well-established foreign NGO implements an EU Funded cultural education project. For this project the Organisation is looking for:
Title of the Position: Project Accountant
Capacity: Part time (50%: 20 hours weekly)
Location: Ramallah, with regular field work and support to financial aspects of the project in West Bank, Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The Project Accountant will:
- Be responsible for all financial issues pertaining to the implementation of the action;
- consult with Head Quarter’s financial manager regarding financial procedures and standards;
- carry out supervision visits to the project locations when necessary and providing financial consulting to the co-applicants;
- oversee the funds’ transfer schedules, budget monitoring and forecast activities;
- oversee documentation of all project expenses in light of EU and local fiscal organisation’s requirements in coordination with the Project Manager;
- follow up and review financial reports of the co-applicant;
- support administration of sub-granting;
- Monitor and support taxation issues;
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting in coordination with Finance Manager in the local office and Head Quarter’s Financial Manager;
- Entering the pertinent financial information into the used accounting system.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Professional knowledge and experience
- University degree in the field of Accounting;
- At least two years of experience in financial management/ accounting of international grants, one of which must be in financial accounting of EU-funded initiatives;
- Experience in administration and coordination of sub-granting is preferable.
Skills and competencies
The ideal candidate would possess the following as a must:
- Fluency in Arabic and English (written and spoken);
- Adequate ability to use and manage digital communication and learning tools;
- Be energetic, flexible and adaptable in their approach;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Good interpersonal skills with people at all levels;
- Ability to prioritise and work to set timescales and procedures;
Employment is for 50%, three years, intended to start on the 1st of January 2021 with annual contracts that are renewable based on annual evaluation. First six months are considered a probationary period. Payment will be in local currency.
The annual gross salary of this position is Euro 8,100 which is inclusive of income tax, medical insurance, end of service provision and any other employee’s rights based on the Palestinian Labour Law.
Please send the following in English:
- Your CV with a list of three references and their updated contact information; at least one of which being a previous employer, and
- A motivation letter that explains how you are a suitable candidate for this position.
to the following email address by the 15th December 4:00 PM, 2020:
Please use the following as a title of your email: Project Accountant – Cultural Education Project.
Only applications that include all requested information will be reviewed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview on 23rd + 24th December, 2020.
The employer believes in and will ensure equal-opportunity and equal treatment for all female and male candidates who are eligible for this position.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!