United Palestinian Appeal, www.upaconnect.org, is seeking an experienced non-profit professional to serve as Programs Officer, Gaza. The Programs Officer’s primary role is to support the Field Programs Director, West Bank and Gaza in achieving UPA’s goals and objectives in Gaza by overseeing and coordinating program activities, following up on ongoing projects, and by working in close coordination with UPA partners and UPA staff.
The Programs Officer will orient and follow up with UPA partners and grant recipients, ensuring implementation of projects and the proper use of UPA reporting and communications materials, representing UPA in meetings and events when needed. The Officer will also participate in conducting regular risk assessments for the security situation in Gaza and assist in the implementation of any emergency response initiated by UPA. The Officer will work closely with the Admin and Finance department regarding procurements, and supervise admin staff in the Gaza office.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, or any other relevant field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the nonprofit sector, especially in terms of project management.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities, paying attention to detail under tight deadlines and heavy workloads.
- Ability to manage operations functions and workflow.
- Proficiency in Excel, MS Word, and other computer systems.
- Excellent oral and written English-language communication skills; Arabic language fluency is required.
- Excellent reporting skills in both Arabic and English.
- Ability to travel to the different areas of UPA operations within the Gaza Strip.
To apply, please submit a resume and one page cover letter to [email protected] with the subject: “Programs Officer, Gaza.” Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.