UCS-Jerusalem is the first National Palestinian non-profit and independent union of non-governmental charitable and developmental societies. It was established in Jerusalem in 1958, and strives for active contribution in building an effective Palestinian civil society through upgrading NGOs work democratically and according to good governance and accountability standards in order to contribute to national structuring and sustainable development. The Union of Charitable Societies –Jerusalem (UCS) invites highly qualified candidates to apply for the following posts:
Employer Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contribute to the strategic planning of the UCS.
- Preparation of work plans for UCS programs and projects.
- Oversee and guide implementation of programs/project by providing oversight to the team in their daily activities to ensure that programs/project deliverable is met.
- Ensure that the programs/project is implemented within the stipulated budget and timeframe and expenditures are made with stewardship, efficiency and effectiveness as guiding principle.
- Maintain quality through compliance with UCS standards.
- Provide leadership and support to ensure high quality and timely project implementation
- Develop and maintain links with NGOs, local governmental departments, etc.
- Provide support to field staff by frequent visits to field sites and communities.
- Ensure monitoring plans, indicator tracking tables are accurate and up-to-date.
- Develop and maintain requested forms for monitor purposes and beneficiaries’ satisfaction.
- Ensure periodic reports are submitted to UCS Director-General in timely manner meeting reporting requirements.
- Deliver presentation to UCS donors and partners.
- Represent UCS director general in certain occasions.
- Generate proposals for: unique projects and programs; unique institutional and individual funders.
- Write or supervise writing of all proposals, budgets, reports, and other ancillary materials.
- Development of fundraising reports, lists and exported data as needed;
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with donors, members and the public;
- Contributing to and supporting the development, planning and implementation of fundraising.
- Initiatives, including direct mail, prospect research, special events and galas, e-donations, and website- and e-marketing.
- Provide stewardship for existing donors.
- Manage existing grants by: tracking grants; developing internal reporting systems; writing reports; maintaining excellent historical records; working with staff to ensure each project or program is meeting proposal conditions and expectations.
- Monitor and manage grants income goal.
- B.A in social Sciences, Development studies or any relevant field.
- Over 5 years Project management experience in Community Development projects and grant writing and management.
- Excellent in proposal writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to lead a multi-cultural team with an empowering and outcome oriented approach.
- Ability to work in a team environment with management skills
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Good communication and Time Management skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and under pressure in a decentralized environment.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Proven track record with institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
- Excellent experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, power point…etc) and internet.
- Excellent command of the English language with strong writing and communication skills.
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their resumes along with cover letter, detailing relevant experience and code of position via e-mail to [email protected]
NB: Applications from women are strongly encouraged.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.