The post-holder will provide administrative support to the the local EES team in the effective delivery of high-impact projects. This is a 50:50 role, split between our EES work on general EES English projects including ‘Teaching for Success’ and our new innovative @Palestine project.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
The British Council has been operating in Occupied Palestinian Territories since 1949, and currently employs more than 20 full time staff. The operation includes a diverse portfolio of work including Exams, English, Education, Arts and Society programmes that reach Palestinians across Gaza, the West Bank and East Jerusalem.
Our work in English for Education Systems has focused on the development of English teachers and teacher educators at Ministry of Education and UNRWA schools. We use ‘Teaching for Success’ as our approach; it includes online modules and teacher activity groups. We are looking to expand our work under ‘Teaching for Success’ to include development opportunities for every English teacher in OPT, a greater focus on teacher educators and a more student-focused element in the form of extra-curricular activities.
@Palestine is a new and innovative project that aims to increase the employability of youth across OPT. Its focus is on developing the professional English and 21st century skills of youth through partnerships with higher education institutions and digital enterprise hubs. This will partly be achieved by developing the skills of English teachers in the HE sector, specifically their capacity to integrate 21st Century Skills into English courses, and develop technical skills to teach using a blended / online approach (digital skills).
It is envisaged that the post-holder will work with the EES team and stakeholders to maximise the impact of these capacity building projects.
This will include :
- Scheduling meetings, events and activities with internal and external stakeholders.
- Booking venues, transportation and/or catering for EES meetings and activities.
- Collecting, collating and filing data from surveys.
- Supporting communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintaining organised records of all events, supporting project compliance.
Procurement and Finance
This will include :
- Raising purchase requests for payments to suppliers in line with procurement policies.
- Creating sales order documents.
- Creating and/or modifying vendors with support from the procurement team.
- Maintaining organised records of all financial transactions.
- Supporting monthly finance reports.
- @Palestine Project Team including Project Manager @Palestine
- English Projects Manager, OPT
- Country Director OPT and entire OPT staff
- Relevant operational staff in the region and the UK
- Regional EES team
- UNRWA, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Higher Education
- Higher Education Institutions
- Digital Enterprise Hubs
- Programme participants
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Interseted and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now button below