Programme Support Officer , Grade 15
Deadline for Applications 7 February 2020
Contract type & Duration Fixed-term appointment of 3 years including 1 year probation
period, with the possibility of further extension, subject to the
availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing
need of the post.
Vacancy Announcement Number VN/WB/009/2020/X
Duty Station & Department Field Office Jerusalem – Programme Support Office (PSO)
The main responsibilities include:
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent:
- Provides support and oversight to staff involved in planning and project development;
identifies and reviews programme/projects needs and priorities; provides strategic
analysis to ensure that programme objectives and activities are consistent with the
needs of targeted populations;
- Is responsible for developing action plans and project budgets; ensures that budget
expenditures fall within established financial resources; develops and manages
appropriate accounting system for the project in coordination with relevant Finance staff;
prepares reports for donors and other stakeholders;
- Develops and manages productive working relationships with programme stakeholders
and team members to ensure the smooth implementation, cooperation and support of
the programme initiatives and projects in CBOs, NGOs and local community; carries out
regular visits to monitor the project staff and project activities;
- Establishes and implements monitoring mechanisms to systematically assess the
achievement of results
- Provides oversight and supervision to ensure that the programme staff are
implementing the programme activities in accordance with the terms and conditions
prescribed and approved in the project documents;
- Provides particular emphasis on Project Cycle Management techniques, development of
logic frameworks in project management and “lessons learned”; develops organizational
capacity of the project;
- Provides information on Project Cycle Management to programme staff to increase
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Conditions of service
Monthly basic salary JD 1057.5, plus an allowance of 1000 NIS payable in JD at UNRWA rate
Other benefits include:
- Provident Fund contribution (15% of basic salary paid by the Agency).
- Dependency allowances (if applicable).
- 30 days of annual leave.
- Compulsory medical insurance.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
To qualify for this position, you will need:
Education A university degree in engineering, health, social work, sociology, business
administration, social sciences or any related field of specialization.
Five years of progressive experience in programme development and
management preferably in the field of infrastructure, education,
health or relief and social services.
Language(s) Excellent command of spoken and written English & Arabic.
You will also need to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Leadership and ability to organize and manage team-work;
- Effective decision-making;
- Positive attitude and strong analytical skills;
- Effective in handling people, work relations and situations;
- Demonstrated competence in problem solving skills;
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to
explain difficult issues;
- Patience, common sense and dedication to the aims and polices of the Agency
and the United Nations, tact, diplomacy and strong personality;
- Computer skills including spreadsheet applications such as Excel and Access.
Advanced degree in a related subject.
Possession of a valid driving license.
To start the application process, applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by
creating a personal profile and completing UNRWA Personal History Form. Only applications
received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of
applications received for UNRWA vacancies, only applicants short-listed for interview will be