Post location: Ramallah Field Office
Contract Duration and Level of Effort: Part Time 50% for 12 Months
The purpose of the Programme Officer role is to follow up on the day-to-day programme activities and implementation with partners, while providing both technical and administrative support to all Save the Children (SCI) Programmes across SCI thematic areas, ensuring that proposed results are achieved on time, within budget, and in compliance with SCI and donor policies and regulations.
The Programme Officer will work to ensure that monitoring plans are carried out, required project resources are mobilized and utilized, data is generated and reported in a timely fashion, and that quality is maintained.
The Programme Officer will be leading the design, planning, and implementation of all programme activities in coordination with stakeholders and in collaboration with colleagues in the SCI Country Office (CO) in West Bank (WB). The post holder will be responsible for coordinating with project partners, mobilizing and organizing different stakeholders and beneficiaries, and ensuring all resources are being used for its intended purpose to meet the programme requirements and objectives.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Manager
Role Dimensions: oPt CO is a high complexity country, with multi-member interest, and an annual budget of $10 – 15m, and approximately 75 staff members.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Key Area 1: IMPLEMENTATION
• Participate in planning, design, and implementation of programme activities, with other project staff and project partners, within the project context and in line with the implementation plan and budget line items.
• Provide technical support and review of work design by ensuring cost effectiveness for the needed activities.
• Support needed technical assessments and beneficiary selection process in coordination with other SCI team and partners; ensure that the use of resources and assets are in line with Save the Children principles, values, and strategic plan, and compliant with Save the Children’s procedures and policies.
• Ensure that work quality and material specification are in accordance with local applied standards, Sphere charter.
Key Area 2: MONITORING, EVALUATION & REPORTING (MEAL)
• In collaboration with the MEAL team, assist in the development of the MEAL plan and M & E tools by ensuring adequate Monitoring, Accountability (to beneficiaries and donors), Evaluation, and Learning.
• Monitor project implementation against the established indicators detailed in the project’s Logical Framework.
• Ensure daily activities at the field level follow implementation guidelines.
• Conduct field visits to verify project activities are implemented according to contractual targets.
• Participate actively in the overall project monitoring and evaluation process in coordination with the project partner.
• Oversee information and share learning across teams, and ensure that monitoring and evaluation results are documented and understood as the basis for improved programming.
• Follow up, draft, and ensure submission of all reports required from partners’ site engineers and supervisors, within the developed monitoring systems, on time (per deadline).
• Actively participate in the regular project related meetings.
• Assist in the documentation of lessons learnt, best practice and case studies to contribute to internal and external sector learning.
• Ensure adequate filing for the entire project documents.
• Work closely with line manager to ensure preparation of timely and high quality progress and final reports for external and internal use.
Key Area 3: COMMUNICATIONS
• Work closely with the partner, project stakeholders, relevant clusters, and communities at the field level.
• Assist in the preparation for any field visits requested for visitors.
• Communicate effectively with the Save the Children project team members, staff of Save the Children, and project partners and communities.
• Support the development of communication and visibility materials, coordinating with the partners and liaising with the communication team.
• Ensure that all donor branding and visibility requirements are fulfilled.
Key Area 4: HUMANITARIAN PREPAREDNESS AND RESPONSE MANAGEMENT
• Contribute to the strengthening of organizational readiness to respond to emergencies in line with SCI’s global Humanitarian Preparedness standards by following the preparedness steps outlined in SCI’s Preparedness Procedure.
• Play an active role in responding to new humanitarian crises in the designated areas of operation in line with SCI’s Humanitarian Response Management Standards, following the stipulated procedural steps, in line with SCI’s full-spectrum approach to programming.
Key Area 5: General
Perform other responsibilities as agreed with line management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
• College/University degree in a professional and relevant field in which specialized training is required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience in project management with children and youth (design, development, planning, and implementation).
• Experience in managing development and/or emergency projects.
• Experience with and commitment to working through formal and informal systems and ensuring community participation and accountability.
• Demonstrate capacity to deliver on stated objectives, on time and within budget.
• Knowledge of effective financial and grant management tools.
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation, and reporting of project results.
• Proven capacity to write clear and well-argued assessments and project reports.
• Experience in designing and facilitating training and capacity building.
• The capacity and willingness to be flexible and accommodating in sometimes difficult working circumstances.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Commitment to upholding Save the Children’s Safeguarding Policy, as well as principles of do no harm and confidentiality.
• Knowledge of Gender equality principles and practices
• Good command of English and Arabic language skills.
• Valid driving licence.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We support inclusion; and women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Save the Children works in development and humanitarian contexts with children and partners to help families, communities, and governments identify and use innovations to ensure all children survive, learn and are protected.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة