Save the Children is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfil the following vacancy in its West Bank Field Office:
Position: Programme Officer
Position Ref.: SCI/ PO-N /2019
Contract Type: National Post
Deadline to apply: June 16, 2019
The Role: The Programme Officer role purpose is is related to the implementation of day-to-day programme activities and implementation with partners with both technical and administrative support to all Save the Children (SCI) Programmes across SCI thematic areas, ensuring that proposed results are achieved on time, within budget and in compliance with SCI and donor policies and regulations.
The Programme Officer will work to ensure that monitoring plans are carried out, required project resources are mobilized and utilized, data is generated and reported in a timely fashion, and that quality is maintained.
The Programme Officer will be leading the design, planning and implementation of all programme activities in coordination with stakeholders and in collaboration with colleagues in the SCI Country Office (CO) in Ramallah. The Programme Officer will be responsible to coordinate with project partners, mobilize and organize different stakeholders and beneficiaries, and make sure all resources are being used for its intended purpose to meet the programme requirements and objectives.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Key Area 1: IMPLEMENTATION
- Participate in planning, design, and implementation of programme activities, with other project staff and project partners, within the project context and in line with implementation plan and budget line items.
- Provide technical support, review of work design and-ensure the cost effectiveness for the needed activities.
- Support needed technical assessments and selection of beneficiaries process in coordination with other SCI team members and partners; ensuring the use of resources and assets are in line with Save the Children principles, values, and strategic plan and compliant with Save the Children’s procedures and policies.
- Ensuring the work quality and materials specification are in accordance with local applied standards, Sphere charter.
Key Area 2: MONITORING, EVALUATION & REPORTING (MEAL)
- In collaboration with MEAL team, assist in the development of MEAL plan and M & E tools, ensuring adequate Monitoring, Accountability (to beneficiaries and donors), Evaluation and Learning.
- Monitor project implementation against the established indicators detailed in the projects Logical Framework.
- Ensure daily activities at the field level follow implementation guidelines.
- Conduct field visits to verify project activities are implemented according to contractual targets.
- Participate actively in the overall project monitoring and evaluation process in coordination with the project partner.
- Oversee information and shared learning across teams, and ensure that monitoring and evaluation results are documented and understood as the basis for improved programming.
- Follow up, draft, and ensure submission of all reports required from partners site engineers and supervisors, within the developed monitoring systems, on time (per deadline).
- Actively participate in the regular project related meetings.
- Assist in the documentation of lessons learnt, best practice and case studies to contribute to internal and external sector learning.
- Ensure adequate filing for the entire project documents.
- Work closely with line manager to ensure preparation of timely and high quality progress and final reports for external and internal use.
Key Area 3: COMMUNICATIONS
- Works closely with the partner, project stakeholders, relevant clusters and communities at the field level.
- Assists in the preparation for any field visits requested for visitors.
- Communicates effectively with the Save the Children project team members, other staff of Save the Children, and project partners and communities.
- Support the development of communication and visibility materials, coordinating with the partners and in liaison with the Policy, Advocacy and Communications team.
- Ensure that all donor branding and visibility requirements are fulfilled.
Key Area 4: HUMANITARIAN PREPAREDNESS AND RESPONSE MANAGEMENT
- Contributes to the strengthening of organizational readiness to respond to emergencies in line with global SCI Humanitarian Preparedness standards by following the preparedness steps outlines in SCI’s Preparedness Procedure.
- Plays an active role in responding to new humanitarian crises in the designated areas of operation in line with SCI’s Humanitarian Response Management Standards, following the stipulated procedural steps, in line with SCI’s full-spectrum approach to programming.
Key Area 5: General
- Performs such other responsibilities as agreed with the line management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- College/University degree in Education or any related field.
- Specialized training is required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in project management with children, youth (design, development, planning and implementation).
- Experience in managing education projects
- Knowledge and experience in the following thematic areas: Education, Inclusion and protection.
- Experience of and commitment to working through formal and informal systems and ensuring community participation and accountability.
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver on stated objectives, on time and within budget.
- Knowledge of effective financial and grant management.
- Experience in monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of project results.
- Knowledge of institutional donors and experience of developing proposals.
- Proven capacity to write clear and well-argued assessments and project reports.
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, E-mails, Skype and Web researchers).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to upholding Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy, as well as principles of do no harm and confidentiality.
- Good command of English and Arabic language skills.
- Experience in designing and facilitating training and capacity building.
- The capacity and willingness to be flexible and accommodating in sometimes-difficult working circumstances.
- Valid driving licence.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 120 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the rights of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday,
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
CVs should be submitted to the following e-mail: [email protected], please make sure to include a cover letter and up-to-date CV, (including dates and salaries of three of your most recent/relevant positions (at least last 3 years), with the position title, organization name, dates of employment (from/to), Gross Monthly Salary (in New Israeli Shekel)). Please make sure to mention the position ref. in the subject. The selection committee will review all applications as they are received. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.