The Programme Development Officer (PDO):
Supports the work of the Director of Programme Development and is responsible for:
- Identifying and analysing needs and opportunities (at the local, national, regional and even international level) for BASR’s services and involvement and conceptualising them into potential programmes and projects.
- Generating new financial resources (through developing new services and projects) to help BASR achieve its overall organisational funding goals through its work at the national, intermediate and grassroots levels.
- Planning programmes and policies aimed at improving the long-term professional development of the organisation, its programmes and its professional cadres.
- Planning and implementation of a comprehensive grants development programme in cooperation with Director of Programme Development, heads of programs and departments (to secure funding from local and external sources) commensurate with institutional priorities, goals and activities.
- Monitoring and evaluating the progress of the programmes and setting up plans and strategies for the future to support the development of further interventions.
- Working together with the Communications officer for the visibility and promotion of BASR interventions through developing reports, videos and social media plans that enrich the overall work.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES, TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Proposal Development
- Writing and editing technical responses to proposals in collaboration with other staff to ensure timeliness, efficiency and quality.
- Working with partners, and other technical staff to conceptualise and design a technical approach for new project proposals.
- Leading proposal development process on select opportunities.
- Developing proposal outlines, compliance matrices, deliverable schedules, management plans, Gantt charts, cost plans and facilitating proposal review meetings to address quality and compliance issues.
- Performing analysis of requests for applications requirements.
- Carrying out desk research and collecting relevant data from departments within BASR for developing solid proposals based on evidence and convincing argumentation.
- Reviewing and editing submissions from partners, ensuring their inputs meet specified requirements and expected level of quality.
- Working with Director of Programme Development to identify and evaluate new programme opportunities.
- Working with finance department to ensure compatibility of technical and cost proposals.
- Travelling within and outside the country as needed as part of proposal development.
- Performing other tasks as needed in preparing proposals and grant portfolio.
Partnership Development and Donor Relations
- Coordinating teaming agreements, memoranda of understanding, and other organisational agreements with partners.
- Working with Director Programme Development to identify potential new partners and strengthening BASR's reputation among donors and other peer organisations.
- Conducting research on donors and partners in regard to overall funding trends and specific opportunities.
- Attending and representing BASR at relevant briefings and meetings.
- Managing tracking system to identify and track grant and contract opportunities.
- Developing and maintaining proposal development tools and marketing products.
- Providing M&E and PCM services as well as training and guidance in PCM to all departments and respective staff.
Communication and Visibility
- Support the promotion and overall visibility of BASR’s interventions through supporting the communications officer in producing annual reports, website content, social media posts and promotions for various projects.
Administration and Logistics
Taking charge of all administration and logistical tasks related to the Program Development Department, e.g. Office management, office supplies, taking meeting minutes, documentation, record keeping and filing, document translation, etc.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The described position is a very demanding job. The job features a very broad range of responsibilities and thus requires an all-rounder with the willingness and capability to expose him / herself to new situations and new problems, never too tired to continue learning and searching for new and appropriate ways to overcome those problems. The job will require a lot of drive and initiative, great flexibility, a strong learning attitude and a great deal of professionalism in order to gain and maintain credibility in the eyes of colleagues and external stakeholders. In order to be able to fulfil the above outlined responsibilities the following professional and personal features seem important.
Degree preferably in communications, education, health sciences, international development or other relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of international development/non-profit experience.
Interested candidates should send their motivation letter and CV, no later than Monday 27/1/2020 to the following email: [email protected] indicating the name of the position in the subject line.
The full job description can be accessed on the following link:http://www.basr.org/jobs/PDO.pdf
Applications will only be received by email, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BASR is an inclusive working environment.