UN Women (UNW), grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the centre of all its efforts, the UN Women leads and coordinates the United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
UN Women plays an innovative and catalytic role in the State of Palestine since its inception in 1997. UN Women Palestine Office focuses its activities on one overarching goal, namely, to support the implementation at the national level of existing international commitments to advance gender equality in line with the national priorities. In support of this goal, and thoroughly taking into consideration the specificities of the Palestinian context, UN Women concentrates its efforts and interventions toward the realisation of following strategic goals: Mainstreaming gender in governance, peace and security; Supporting women's economic security and rights; and Promoting women’s rights and protection against violence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Special Representative the duties and responsibilities of the Programme and Executive Assistant will include the following:
- Ensure efficient management of schedule (in-country and outside), including providing logistical support (travel arrangements and related duties to the Special Representative, including on:
- Coordinate meetings, appointments and briefings for the Special Representative, Programme Coordinator and Senior Management Team;
- Organize regular and ad-hoc meetings for the SR, PC and SMT;
- Draft correspondence, interoffice circulars, general briefing notes, mission’s agendas, English/Arabic translations when required;
2. Prepare minutes and summaries of meetings (actions to be taken); tracking of progress on planned actions, follow-up with focal points (inside Palestine office and with other partners and stakeholders);
3. Establish and maintain an effective network of contacts to ensure effective liaison in support of management;
4. Effectively provide general research support to the Special Representative; and utilize all relevant computer software to retrieve, maintain data as needed;
5. Provide support to SR in monitoring compliance with the program filing system;
6. Assist in organizing field visits for Country Office missions in coordination with the relevant programme team members
7. Projects/Administrative support (to projects assigned by the SR):
- Provide administrative and logistical support including preparation of payment requests and other related requests in accordance with the applicable financial and procurement rules;
- Raise e-requisitions in ATLAS for travel, purchase of goods and services for projects that are decided by the Special Representative;
- Provide support in managing core resources, preparation of budget and procurement plans and monitoring expenditures under core funds;
- Assist in the preparation of core activities progress reports;
- Support in budget creation on ATLAS and conduct budget revisions in line with project workplans;
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external evaluation and audit missions;
- Ensure timely submission of the monthly reporting and planning sheets by the programme team;
- Liaise and follow up with UN Women partners for organizing events/ sessions and submit progress reports and agreed deliverables (by civil society organizations, government organizations, consultants) as requested by the Special Representative;
- Assist in preparing relevant documentation for contracting and payments;
- Liaise and follow up with vendors/ suppliers for any matter related to contractual commitments and conditions;
- Assist in programme formulation and reporting;
8. Act as the secretary of the local Project Appraisal Committee (L-PAC); preparing full submission of documents for L-PAC review, scheduling meetings and taking meetings minutes, as well as liaising with the relevant programme team members for finalizing the L-PAC submission and responding to the committee’s feedback.
9. Perform other duties as assigned
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
CORE VALUES / GUIDING PRINCIPLES:
- Integrity: Demonstrating consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct;
- Cultural Sensitivity/Valuing diversity: Demonstrating an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrating an international outlook, appreciating differences in values and learning from cultural diversity.
- Ethics and Values: Demonstrating / Safeguarding Ethics and Integrity;
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Developing and Empowering People / Coaching and Mentoring: Initiative-taking; coaching and mentoring ability;
- Working in Teams: Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Communicating Information and Ideas: Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Conflict Management / Negotiating and Resolving Disagreements: Managing conflict;
- Knowledge Sharing / Continuous Learning: Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of other.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Organizing skills: Ability to prioritize work assignments, organize own schedule, perform routine work independently, meet deadlines, adapt to constantly changing demands and multitask. Ability to manage a heavy workload under time pressure.
- Focus on quality: Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in a busy office environment.
- Interpersonal skills:
- Ability to act with tact, diplomacy, discretion and respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member in a multicultural environment and to establish and maintain a range of contacts and deal appropriately with counterparts.
- Ability to convey verbal information effectively and to draft routine correspondence and correct documents in accordance with established standards and requirements.
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion regarding all aspects of the Director's work.
- Ability to perform a wide range of varied, inter-related administrative services
- Strong IT skills knowledge
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, and to plan and organize work.
Required Skills and Experience:
High School Diploma. Bachelor degree in Business administration, management, finance or related fields is an asset.
- 3 years of relevant professional experience in programme support and administrative/ logistical work.
- Previous experience in supporting senior management and diverse teams is considered an asset.
- Previous working experience with the UN and/ or international NGOs is desirable.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office and the internet), familiarity in utilizing social media is considered an asset.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Fluency (both oral and written) in English and Arabic essential. Knowledge of Hebrew is considered an asset.