Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
The Civil Society Programme aims to strengthen Civil Society Organizations to fulfil their mandate with a special focus on advocating for the rights of marginalized groups within the Palestinian society, e.g. people with disabilities. The Programme aims to improve the implementation of the Leave No One Behind (LNOB) principle of the Agenda 2030 on the level of partner organizations and the German Development Cooperation in Palestine as a whole.
In order to achieve our goals, we are looking for a full-time position based in Ramallah
Programme Advisor LNOB “Leave No One Behind”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Advise partner organizations and programs on improving the inclusion of marginalized groups (e.g. people with disabilities)
- Conceptualize, organize and deliver capacity building measures on the implementation of the LNOB principle on partner and organization level
- Support the program in vetting new program partners, project proposals and budgets
- Collect data, follow up on report and pre-vets reports
- Prepare ToR for consultants and trainers
- Supervise and ensure the implementation of quality standards within consultancies and trainings, including training plans, consultancy offers, reports, etc.
- Plan, prepare and manage events and workshops for the Civil Society Programme
- Assist in planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities with a focus on technical aspects, including documenting meeting minutes, preparation of briefings, documentation, etc.
- Put together an overview of project/program activities, deadlines etc. and presents this regularly at team meetings
- Coach and advise the Local Professionals seconded at partner organizations and follow up on their reports
- Research and prepare project concepts
- Support the Head of Program Administration in contract preparation
- University degree (Master level) in the fields of Social Sciences or a similar field
- At least five years proven work experience in the field of empowerment of marginalised
groups (e.g. people with disabilities)
- Ability to work effectively in an intercultural team as well as on his or her own
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organised and motivated
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
- Ability to work efficiently in remote team collaboration across regions
- Experience with Civil Society, Self-representative and Community based organizations
- Excellent command of MS Office and social media platforms
- Full proficiency in Arabic and English, knowledge of German is an advantage
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and cover letter, no later than 14th January 2019.
Kindly state in the email subject “Programme Advisor- LNOB”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.