Position: Program Officer (PO)
VNG International. Palestinian Branch Office
Background of VNG International
VNG International (www.vng-international.nl) is the International Cooperation Agency of the Association of Netherlands Municipalities. Our objective is to strengthen democratic local government, to support decentralisation processes and to facilitate decentralised cooperation. We strengthen local governments, their associations, training institutes and decentralisation task forces both in developing countries and in countries in transition.
The PO Will act as an operational assistant for VNG International Programs, therefore, S/he will be responsible to handle a variety of operational tasks: Technical, Procurement, Financial and logistics.
- Develop annual and monthly work plans and monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Coordination with various projects’ stakeholders including facilitation to local and international experts missions with all related logistical and administrative requirements.
- Assist in conducting Advisory committees, regular stakeholders meetings and taking Minutes of Meeting.
- Follow up activities’ implementation.
- Effectively handle required procurement process and procedures and provide effective communications with service providers according to VNG International procedures, and donors requirements
- Assist in tracking progress on project implementation including site visits.
- Facilitate, organize and assist with VNG International capacity building activities together with international and national VNG International experts.
- Assist in the data collection for M&E and other purposes.
- Proper document management implementation of projects files and reports including proper archiving and filing.
- Fulfill general required tasks.
- Preparation and managing events necessary for projects implementation such as workshops, meetings, conferences, trainings, and other related activities.
- Actively represent VNG International’s values, ethical Code of Conduct and approaches of good governance, capacity building and service delivery.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The PO will report to Programs’ Managers at VNG International Palestine office.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business or Public Administration, Local Governance or related field.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of relevant operational experience in such fields: Project Management, Procurement, Finance and Logistics.
- Experience in supporting planning process for Palestinian LGUs, increase their financial sustainability, and social accountability.
- Experience in preparing project plans including M&E and communication plans and procurement plans.
- Active knowledge in good governance structures, strengthening Municipal accountability towards citizens.
- Excellent command of English & Arabic, written and spoken.
- Advanced skills of report writing, press release and success stories.
- Strong interactive presentation and facilitation skills. Good organizational skills; Excellent social, communication and networking skills, both oral and in writing.
- Event Management
- Project Management skills
- Team player
- Problem solving skills
- Computer literate - excellent knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint is a must.
Period of the of the initial contract
One extendable year including an extendable three months' probation period
Place of the assignment
Qualified candidates are kindly requested to send the following documents:
- An updated CV including three professional references.
- A cover letter detailing their interest and qualifications for this position.
To the following email addresses: [email protected]
Please indicate the position title (PO) in the email subject line.
- Deadline for Applications: December 23rd, 2018, COB.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
VNG International is an equal opportunities employer.