MA'AN Development Center is seeking to fill the vacant position of a full time
Women and Youth Socio Economic Empowerment Manager based in Ramallah
MA'AN Development Center (MA’AN) is an independent, non-governmental, non-partisan Palestinian organization established in Jerusalem in January 1989, and registered as a non-profit organization that operates in the entirety of the oPt encompassing the West Bank ( including East Jerusalem) and the Gaza strip
Our work is aimed towards enhancing the resilience, empowerment and realization of the rights of the most disenfranchised groups in Palestinian Society, as well as unleashing their latent capacities to enhance active participation in sustainable development and abilities to respond to and recover from crises through participatory people-centered and human rights based approaches.
Position title: Program Manager
The Program Manager will be part of Programs Management Team led by the Director of Programs. This position will be involved in program development, co-ordination of projects implementation, monitoring and tracking ongoing project under this program, resources development, building partnerships particularly with INGOs, PNGOs & CBO's and lead the program operation in the field.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- To contribute to the strategic planning and direction of MA’AN Center.
- To develop relevant program policy papers.
- To work with the program team on developing the program’s policy/ strategy.
- To work with the Program Team in formulating new projects concepts.
- To lead the Program Team in carrying out MA’AN’s mission and goals.
- To develop, with the Program Team, the annual work plan & supervise its implementation.
- To build the capacity of the program team and partners.
- To develop and conduct performance appraisals of staff under his/her supervision.
- To assist in directing and coordinating activities of project personnel to ensure project progress is on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- To co-ordinate between the program areas to ensure maximum impact.
- To prepare progress program and projects progress and annual reports.
- To ensure the implementation of activities are carried out in accordance with the project parameters.
- To ensure the ongoing monitoring on the different projects under the program.
- To identify and create new strategic partnerships.
- To expand MA’AN’s relations with international and local NGOs and Governmental bodies.
- To assist in representing MA’AN in local and international networks.
- To work closely with other programs at MA’AN and facilitating cross-program collaboration.
- To conduct site visits for pending and active projects.
- To review projects activities and provide critical analysis of projects strengths, weaknesses, and risks.
- To assist with all program efforts to enhance the sustainability of the program.
- To cooperate with the procurement and finance departments to ensure the implementation of projects on time, and to secure documents and transactions related to procurement and finance for the two departments.
- To coordinate and cooperate fully with the MEAL senior coordinators, to ensure that the goals of projects are achieved according to the project’s parameters, and to ensure high satisfaction of the beneficiaries.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education & Essential Experience, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 8 years of employment or MA with 5 years of experience in related fields.
- Good experience in community development programs: (Including: Planning Monitoring & Reporting & budgeting)
- Adept skills in Project Cycle Management (PCM).
- Good innovation and entrepreneurial skills.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent administrative and financial competencies
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of NGO sector.
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Creative and innovative approach in developing new ideas and programs.
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners, and donors.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Highly motivated and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Integrity and strong identification with MAAN Core Values.
- Readiness to work within a team.
- Ability to form good relationships with colleagues, partners & stakeholders
Duration: One Year with possibility of extension to be part of the core staff of the center.
Reporting to: Director of Programs.
Qualified Candidates should submit their CVs and a letter of interest including the names and contact details for three references no later than the 9 June 2022 to the following E-mail:
MA’AN Development Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply for the position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted