Scope of work
Job Title: Program Manager
Job Location: The Gaza Strip
Job Status: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Contract duration: 12 months
Reports to: Country Representative
Start date: As soon as possible
MedGlobal is an international medical non-profit organization providing health services to people in need, including refugees and displaced persons, in disaster and underserved regions. The organization is composed of medical and public health volunteers of diverse backgrounds.
The Gaza Program Manager will be responsible for managing, consolidating, and ensuring smooth
implementation of the programs and operational activities, and all subsequent expansion/extension as required, as well as adherence to logistics, human resources, administration, and security procedures. The Program Manager will be responsible for the overall management and technical direction of all MedGlobal programs in The Gaza Strip.
Project Planning and Implementation
- Responsible for collecting projects' needs and risk assessments.
- Create detailed work plans which identify and sequence the activities needed to successfully complete the projects. Lead the development and review of annual and quarterly projects work plans.
- Create curriculum, training materials, ensuring quality of materials and activities for each project.
- Oversee and manage the implementation of MedGlobal projects, ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project(s) implementation
- Ensure strategic program planning for upcoming program cycles in line with available funding, and identify funding gaps where needed
- Ensure Standard list of medications, medical equipment and consumables in accordance with WHO’s commodity list.
- Ensure timely achievement of the project’s activities, goals, and objectives.
- Oversee all program management functions including planning, management, reporting, budgeting, and supervision
- Responsible for developing policies, processes and standards within respective areas
- Ensure implementation of activities as per the work plan and all related documents and logistics are prepared and approved.
- Provide clear guidance and support and ensure implementation plans, policies and requirements are properly communicated to all program staff.
- Ensure quality control processes and tools are developed ensuring technical and performance quality standards are upheld.
- Ensure that relevant beneficiary data is collected, compiled, analyzed and distributed and that relevant assessments are conducted in the project area
Program Coordination and partnerships
- Maintain contact with Partner NGO(s) for issues including staffing and supply issues, volunteer transportation and accommodation, and troubleshoot any potential issues.
- Nurture and expand contact with local partners, local authorities, and local communities’ leaders in the project’s supported areas.
- Facilitate weekly senior management and monthly program review meetings to review project progress and performance based on quarterly work plan/Procurement Plan.
- Represent the organization in cluster and coordination meetings with the other implementing partners and other meetings as necessary.
- Represent MedGlobal at the various countrywide, regional, and local meetings of the UN and other refugee agencies.
- Build partnerships with other NGOs and continue to investigate resources available in the area.
- Communicate and meet with interested parties regarding potential activities, including potential or current donors
- Increase the visibility and credibility of MedGlobal's program in the area and maintain close relations with all relevant stakeholders including other local and international organizations.
Finance & Logistics management
- Work closely with the Finance Desk Officer on the monthly spending reports and all the required documentation per organization policy, in coordination with MedGlobal procurement threshold and Finance Manual.
- Work closely with the Finance Desk Officer and program team on the preparation of the projects’ budgets and monthly forecasting reports and control budget expenses to prevent over and under spending.
- Participates in the selection, follow up of doctors, clinical officers, nursing and medical related staff in cooperation with the different supervisors, and the HR department.
- Ensures that job descriptions of all medical staff are properly done and updated and staff understand their responsibilities.
- Ensures that all medical staff promotes and maintains confidentiality regarding all patient cases, records, informed consent in case of need to transfer data or take photos.
- Perform additional duties at the request of the Program Coordinator.
- Update the head office on the country security situation that may affect the projects’ implementation.
Reporting & Transparency
- Ensure analysis of medical data, and provide explanation and comments on the medical activities on weekly, bi-weekly, and Monthly basis (as needed)
- Manage country monthly monitoring & evaluation activities and reports as needed
- Ensure project records and documents are adequately prepared, compiled and filed according to MedGlobal procedures
- Ensure staff awareness of, and respect of, MedGlobal’s code of conduct and procedures.
- Provide quality control and guidance to employees/volunteers/HQ regarding supported clinical activities.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education And Professional:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or any relevant fields .
- At least 4 years of relevant experience with an international non-profit organization in a clinic, hospital, or public health department.
- At least 2 years of working experience in emergency response projects/programs will be an added advantage.
- Experience with principles and guidelines of program planning and implementation.
- An extensive network of contacts in Gaza local authorities, UN agencies, INGOs and NGOs.
- Experiencing project proposals, budgeting methods, report writing and generation.
- Experience with computer systems and related software applications.
- Willingness to work in a low-resource setting with potential security risks.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational and project coordination skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
المسمى الوظيفي Program Manager
آخر موعد للتقديم 15 - Feb - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني إدارة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 4 Years
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line: “Gaza- Program Manager ” - Only English resumes will be considered.
Thank you for your interest in working with MedGlobal!
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.