The Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD) is a Palestinian grassroots non-governmental organization working since 1981 with and for Palestinian women oppressed by the Israeli occupation and marginalized by Palestinian patriarchal society. PWWSD seeks to empower women in privet sphere as well as in public sphere. Also it works to improve the mental health of Palestinian women through psychosocial services including group and individual counselling and to provide women with the resources they need to combat gender-based violence, empower themselves politically, economically and socially, and transform their society to on that is inclusive, egalitarian and democratic. PWWSD takes a gender-responsive, rights based approach, particularly regarding international human rights. PWWSD has extensively engaged youth and working women, as well as rural women, as critical allies in lobbying duty bearers to promote gender equality. Furthermore, PWWSD engages women in advancing women agenda for peace and security in accordance to the International Humanitarian Law.
PWWSD works across all governorates in the West Bank and Gaza with its main office in Ramallah, and community centers in Bethlehem, Nablus, Jenin, Tulkarem and Gaza.
PWWSD is seeking to recruit full-time Program Manager.
Duties and composition of portfolio for the Program manager will vary based on programs and project’s needs, mainly the follow up of the daily work of the programmatic issues to ensure highest quality of all daily programmatic aspect of the organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume primary responsibility for the day-to-day programs and projects operations of the organization to ensure meeting programmatic goals and objectives and in line with our mission, vision and strategic plan.
- Provide vision and overall leadership to programs design and operations, as well as identify adjustments in their scope of work to ensure that the projects adapt to changes in needs and context.
- Oversee the technical work of PWWSD’s programs, and monitor and track assignment progress.
- Promote strong positive external and internal relations and flow of information.
- Promote the vision, values and principles of PWWSD as a feminist women’s rights organization.
- Supervise and empower technical and administrative programme team to ensure quality results.
- Liaise with the media department to ensure the visibility of PWWSD’s work.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate degree in Business Management, and advanced degree in Social Sciences, Public Policy, Economics, Business, or other related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the field of program management in civil society sector.
- Knowledge and experience in women empowerment, gender equality and human rights.
- Excellent English and Arabic languages; native speaker standard.
- Experience in Researching.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent skills in planning, monitoring & evaluation, in addition excellent results-based report writing skills in both languages Arabic and English.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, knowledge of fundamental public relations and media strategies and tools.
- Organizational management skills and program cycle management
- Interpersonal ability to build and work within a team
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining professionalism
- Excellent knowledge in using computer software including Microsoft and on-line tools
Interested candidates are invited to send a detailed and up-to-date CV in English with a cover letter (not exceeding one page). The letter should include the applicant's expectations of the position and how his/her qualifications relate to the vacancy. Please submit your applications to (PWWSD) at: Email: [email protected].
Please indicate the job title that candidates are applying for in the email subject. Applications that do not indicate the job title will not be considered. Please submit the application by 4 August, 2020.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Short listed candidates will be expected to attend a written exam and an interview.