CLOSING DATE: August 11th, 2019
ORGANIZATION: Right To Play – Palestine
WORK LOCATION: Ramallah, Palestine
Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities. With programming in over 15 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of more than 1.9 million children each week using play and sports, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with children, Right To Play advocates with parents, local communities, and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all children. Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
The MAÁN /TOGETHER project: Towards Gender – Responsive and Empowering Education for Girls and Boys in the West Bank and Gaza is a five years project. The Project will address barriers to quality education for Palestinian Refugee children in UNRWA schools in the WB and Gaza by providing primary teachers, physical education teachers, and school counsellor with skills to support children’s learning and psychosocial wellbeing. Child centered interventions will be integrated into teaching practices, both in and out of schools, and will result in improved quality of education foe children. The Project will offer safer and more inclusive school environments for girls and boys in UNRWA schools by rehabilitating play spaces and school WASH facilities.
Visit us at www.righttoplay.com.
The Program Manager reports directly to Country Director (CD) The incumbent is responsible for program planning, design and development, fundraising, partnerships, representation and program implementation. He/she is also responsible for effective financial management, reporting, budget monitoring and donor compliance. The PM leads and directly manages a team of professional staff to ensure quality program implementation.
Job Responsibility #1: Program Strategic Planning and Development (25% of Time):
- Leads the programmatic management of all in country projects.
- Leads the design and development of program strategies and plans with the program team and ensures their alignment with RTP strategies.
- Leads in-country tracking of challenges faced by the program and takes actions to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
- Ensures the program teams stay abreast of current program goals and objectives and participates in the program expansion plans.
- Ensures the program teams are implementing project activities in line with donor requirements to achieve project outcomes.
- Coordinates the preparation of timely and cost effective operational plans, budgets and strategic plans with the program team.
- Acts as advocacy manager ensuring that the program addresses the needs of the people and is appropriate for the respective country.
- Oversees the development of evidence-based advocacy initiatives around play-based approaches as a tool to reach country development plans through the collaboration with program team and local stakeholders.
- Supports the CD in developing project proposals for new projects that are aligned with the organization’s strategic targets.
Job Responsibility #2: (25% of Time):
- Maintains the existing process of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and reporting system of RTP.
- Supports the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team in the development and implementation of monitoring, review, assessment and evaluation plans for improved program development and delivery.
- Ensures adherence to RTP program standards in program design and implementation
- Oversees preparation and submission of quality narrative reports, financial reports, work plans and budgets in line with donor requirements, ensuring that financial budgeting and reporting is aligned with program and project plans.
- Facilitates country level conversations around program quality, program accountability, partnerships, gender, and child protection.
- Provides quarterly updates of lessons learned and best practices to CD’s and stakeholders ensuring that program lessons are being used to promote improved program delivery.
- Conducts regular monitoring visits to project locations
Job Responsibility #3: Partnership, Fundraising, Representation and Collaboration (15%):
- Facilitates linkages, collaboration and networking with other civil society organizations and governments and other relevant institutions to enhance RTP visibility and program activities.
- Represents RTP in various platforms and maintains positive relationships with governments and other relevant stakeholders regarding RTP activities.
- Identifies and develops new partnerships with local NGOs, Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and communities.
- Oversees the management of existing partnerships.
- Ensures ownership of the program by local partners and stakeholders.
- Meets with partners’ staff and community leaders to discuss program improvement as needed.
- Joins the CD in meetings and represents him/her when required.
- Participates in partnership meetings with donors.
Job Responsibility #4: Policy and Advocacy (10%):
- Engagement of networks and coalitions on Child Rights and Education Campaign Coalitions on the RTP Child Safeguarding Policy and Child Centred Play methodology for incorporation in their approach.
- Participates in technical committees and sector working groups with the view to influence the adoption of the RTP Child Centred Play Based Methodology.
- Supports the ongoing process of periodic updating of the progress being made in actualizing the country strategy document
- Facilitates presentations at consultative workshops and RTP implementing partners’ meetings to discuss the RTP Child Safeguarding, Gender Policies and Environment Policies.
- Ensures inclusion of relevant provisions in Contracts and MoUs on RTP Child Safeguarding and Gender Policies.
- Acts as the Environment Focal Point and ensures that all RTP rehabilitation projects are in compliance with the donors and RTP environmental standards.
Job Responsibility #5: Program Financial Management (10% of Time):
- Coordinates with the finance team to provide financial training on effective program financial management, including procurement, project implementation, compliance and project financial reporting.
- In close coordination with the Finance Officer and/or Manager, oversees the budget planning processes for programs and projects to ensure that program funds are expended according to procedures and plans.
- Collaborates with the program team and develops new initiatives to be integrated into the budget.
Job Responsibility #6: Team Management, Compliance and Capacity Building (10% of Time):
- Communicates program vision to the program team, leads and directs them toward achieving the program goals and objectives.
- Ensures the program team has a clear understanding of their roles, responsibilities and accountabilities
- Conducts program staffing needs assessment, presents recommendations to the CD and participates in the recruitment of the program team.
- Facilitates the capacity building of program team to ensure they have the appropriate skill levels for their positions and are developing to their full capacity; provides the necessary feedback to the program team and completes their performance appraisals.
- In close coordination with the human resources function, ensures that all country office staff fully understand their roles and responsibilities as related to Right To Play’s Child Safeguarding Policy and receive orientation and training concerning the policy on a regular basis.
- Provides direct support to the program team in the form of systems and tools.
- Implements policies and procedures that guide and support RTP activities, ensures compliance with RTP code of conduct, gender and child safeguarding policies including timely and appropriate reporting.
- Develops and strengthens the program team’s understanding of project cycle management.
Job Responsibility #7: Perform Other Duties (5% of Time):
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, development studies or other related disciplines.
5 years’ experience managing international development programs and liaising with government officials and donors. Proven experience in project planning, proposal development, report writing, resource mobilization, networking, partnership-building and working with NGOs.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task on a constant basis
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to build rapport with staff, partners, government officials, donors and community leaders
- Ability to work under pressure meeting deadlines in a fast paced fluid environment
- Creative and flexible with problem solving skills
- Demonstrated professionalism and diplomacy
- Ability to confidently represent oneself and RTP to high level officials
- Strategy planning skills
- People management particularly coaching and influence management
- Strong MS Office and program management tools and procedures
- Budgetary control and financial management, including ability to read and understand financial data
- Project management skills
- Understanding of the concept of sport for development
- Understanding of community development processes
Fluency in spoken and written English and local language(s). French is also required for Francophone countries.
- Experience in quality improvement
- Experience working in child protection, education sector
- Sport and play experience
- Experience in strengthening civil societies
- Coaching background
- Gender mainstreaming and governance background
Employment Start Date: Sep 2019
Contract Duration: One year to be renewed
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
المسمى الوظيفي Program Manager
آخر موعد للتقديم 11 - Aug - 2019
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني إدارة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 5 Years
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] and kindly include “Position Name” and your name in the subject line. Please indicate your salary expectations in the cover letter.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory police record check as a condition of employment.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Right To Play
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة