Position of Program Manager
HEKS/EPER is the Swiss Reformed Churches’ Aid Agency.
HEKS/EPER regional program in the Middle East supports local organizations in the occupied
Palestinian Territories and Israel. HEKS/EPER/EPER Palestine and Israel Program focuses on
strengthening the conflict transformation capacities of civil society so they can effectively work to
change the structures, systems, attitudes and ideologies, which perpetuate the conflict situation and
the human rights violations, linked to it.
The program thus consists of efforts to strengthen communities to address especially situation of
denied or unequal access to land, housing and public space as well as awareness raising and
advocacy components which target Israeli, Palestinian and International Publics and decision
For more information about HEKS/EPER please visit our website: www.heks.ch
For our office in Jerusalem, we are looking for a qualified and highly motivated candidate to fill
in the following position:
Program manager (80%-100%)
Starting date: March/April, 2018
- Facilitate and coordinate activities of Partner Organizations
- Conduct regular field level monitoring visits to project sites on a rolling programme.
- Prepare monitoring reports.
- Assist in preparing detailed work plans/budgets for the projects.
- Provide support to programmatic staff members of the HEKS/EPER office
- Render timely support to Partners Organizations especially in the areas of local capacity for
conflict transformation, Human Rights Based Approach, DRR, Do No Harm, gender,
mainstreaming, and participatory project planning and monitoring methods.
- Review progress made towards the proposed work plan as well as the stated objective and
results at project and program levels.
- Oversee project progress, reporting, monitoring, evaluation and financial information,
especially in respect of crosscutting issues.
- Take a major role in project planning, appraisal, monitoring and evaluation.
- Facilitate learning spaces for reflection, knowledge sharing and participatory monitoring
among Partner Organizations
- Further development and institutionalization of the monitoring and evaluation system, while
bridging between institutional needs of HEKS/EPER and local Partners.
- Promote knowledge management and networking among HEKS partners and other likeminded
- Arrange& conduct training, workshops, meetings and field visits by HEKS/EPER headquarters
and local office
- Show good interpersonal skills and team spirit.
- Prepare annual action plan and compile quarterly reports.
- The program manager shall be part of a monthly planning sessions at the Country Office and
shall commit to conduct his/her tasks that are agreed upon.
- The program manager shall contribute to the quarterly reflections and reports on the
- The program manager shall support the country director in fundraising processes for the
- Discharge other responsibilities and assignments given by Country Programme Director,
including responding to emerging humanitarian needs.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in social\political science or related fields
- Four years’ work experience that involves conflict transformation and other relevant
- Excellent written and spoken English skills, Arabic skills and\or Hebrew are required.
- Good analytical skills
- Facilitation and moderation skills
- Good computer skills (MS Office)
- Flexibility and ability to travel independently through Israel and Palestine
- Driving license
- Team work spirit and ability to cooperate
- Commitment to pacific and democratic values and convictions, as well as no leading
position in a civil, political or religious party
HEKS/EPER offers you the opportunity to work in a motivating and challenging context in the
field of civil society conflict resolution.
If you are interested and correspond to the profile, please send your application
(Curriculum Vitae, application letter and three references) via e-mail before January 22nd to:
Please indicate “application program manager Jerusalem” in the subject
Short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to interviews.