Accountable To: Director of program Development
The Program Development Officer (PDO) is part of the program and project development team of BASR responsible for:
- Identifying and analysing needs and opportunities for BASR’s services and involvement and conceptualising them into potential programs and projects.
- Implementing programs and policies aimed at improving the long-term professional development of the organisation, its programs and professional cadres.
- Conceptual development, guidance and coaching of programs and projects as well as project cycle management (PCM).
- Planning and implementation of a comprehensive grants development program commensurate with institutional priorities, goals and activities.
- Minimum 4 years of international development/non-profit experience.
- Excellent proposal and report writing skills including familiarity with health / disability or education sectors.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and team working skills
- Communicating clearly and effectively (in oral and written forms in both Arabic and English) and relating well with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to work under pressure in a conscientious and organized manner;
- Ability to liaise effectively with the multiple stakeholders like the local community, the public and donor agencies.
- Excellent Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, Internet)
Degree preferably in communications, education, health sciences, international development or other relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are encouraged to send their CV and a motivation letter by email to [email protected] and indicate the position in the subject, no later than 14th June, 2018.