Job Title: Program Coordinator - Migrant Workers Rights and Human Trafficking in Jordan
Job Type: Full Time (in-person _Ramallah)
Application Closes: December 31, 2022
The Heinrich Böll Foundation (in German Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung) (hbs) is part of the Green political movement and seeks to encourage and facilitate cross-border initiatives and regional cooperation. Our activities are guided by the fundamental political values of universal human rights, ecology, democracy, solidarity, and nonviolence.
The Program Coordinator will manage the Jordan program on Migrant Workers Rights and Human Trafficking at hbs Ramallah office, and takes over many additional tasks related to the program work of the foundation in Palestine, Jordan, and Germany.
The position is based in the Ramallah office with intensive, regular travelling to Jordan/Amman.
The Program Coordinator, among other task, will:
- Manage and coordinate the Migrant Workers Rights and Human Trafficking Program, review proposals, prepare budgets and monitor expenditures;
- Plan and implement activities, organize conferences, workshops, seminars, or visiting programs, follow-up on activities, and work in close cooperation with partner organizations in Jordan;
- Review narrative and financial reports, oversee budget allocations, and monitor expenditures; check payment requests and cash transfer instructions;
- Prepare project reports in accordance with the German guidelines and ensure the timely submission of reports by project partners as agreed;
- Develop monitoring & evaluation plans for the program, including close monitoring of partners’ activities;
- Conduct administrative and organizational tasks related to the program;
- Maintain contacts and relations with partner organizations in Jordan; establish contacts with potential new partners; support partners in project design, planning and development;
- Support and develop hbs’ network in Jordan including with local experts, international and German organizations, and political institutions;
- Provide information on relevant program areas, write up-to-date reports and analyses on political, social, and cultural developments in Jordan;
- Support the public relations of hbs Palestine and Jordan, including maintaining and updating the hbs’ website and producing materials and posts for hbs’ social media platforms in relation to the program;
- Support in the preparation and implementation of visiting programs for international delegations and visiting groups to Jordan;
- Represent hbs - Palestine and Jordan at meetings, events and delegations in Jordan in coordination with the Office Director.