Position Title: Program Coordinator
Position Type: Regular, Full Time (Anticipated)
Location : Jabal An-Nar Club, Nablus
Duration: One Year with possibility of extension
Expected Starting Date: 1 October, 2022
Jabal An-Nar Club:
Jabal An-Nar Club was established in 2003 in Nablus to mainly target youth as they are active contributors in community development, and it constantly works to develop their skills and capabilities in order to reach their personal and social goals. In 2008 Jabal An-Nar Club developed The Youth Development Resources Center model (YDRC) in Nablus which offers various programs that aim to accomplish multiple goals manifested in: providing employment opportunities for youth, activating their social, cultural and technological roles, and contributing in the improvement of the social and entertainment conditions of children and marginalized people in the local community.
Mercy Corps and International Youth Foundation (IYF) are implementing the 5-year USAID-funded Positive Youth Engagement (PYE) activity and Jabal An-Nar will work club as regional partner in the north of West Bank under this activity. Tailored to the Palestinian context, this holistic five-year program will support 50,000 adolescents with a menu of activities, opportunities for engagement and leadership, and resources to pursue their goals with hope for the future along peaceful and productive pathways. PYE will draw on a suite of proven and contextually tailored tools, over a decade of research-informed programming on the 10–19-year-old age group, the trust and credibility that comes from a combined 35+ years of continuous operational experience across the West Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem (WBG), and local partners with strong networks and youth programming experience throughout WBG. The program will reintegrate older adolescents (15–19-year-olds) into social and economic life by empowering them to successfully pursue their goals and prevent younger adolescents (10–14-year-olds) from becoming isolated and disconnected from social and economic opportunities.
PYE is designed to deliver a three-pronged, mutually reinforcing program segmented by gender and age across the targeted communities in the west Bank ,Gaza, and East Jerusalem.
- Core programming that supports, protects, prepares, and engages adolescents in safe spaces located within a strong network of community- based organizations (CBOs),
- Tailored packages of activities, resources, and referrals that will set youth on individually selected Pathways building on the core curriculum to increase opportunities for youth to effectively contribute to social and economic development, and
- Opportunities for sustained community engagement and leadership through youth- led pathways with a focus on innovation, and social entrepreneurship, community-based and social media awareness raising and social dialoguing campaigns, in addition to mentorship of youth as part of Sustainable community- based youth networks
General Position Summary:
The Program Coordinator will provide programmatic and administrative support to the YDRC team and network of local partners and stakeholders. He/She will work closely with the Executive Director/Program Manager on all aspects of the program and provide effective and efficient support to ensure smooth implementation. The Program Coordinator will assist in organizing and following up on various interventions, providing programmatic, administrative, and procurement support. In addition, the Program Coordinator will support in information gathering and reporting. The Program Coordinator will also follow up with the finance department on preparing and submitting payment requests according to stated requirements and guidelines.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the Executive Director/ Program Manager in the planning and set up of activities, including engagement with relevant partners and other key stakeholders.
- Support in organizing training sessions, workshops, and field visits as required.
- Participate in implementing the project with effective day to day monitoring of its activities.
- Assist the YDRC team in reviewing and preparing documentation on the procurement of goods and services, and support contract tracking.
- Manage the development of purchase requests for the PYE learning and pathways activities using the stated internal systems.
- Follow up on procurement activities with the YDRC & PYE procurement and finance team.
- Provide any required support to the local partners when planning and implementing program activities.
- Assist in the preparation of the regular reports related to the progress of the program activities.
- Facilitate field visits for all stakeholder as required.
- Manage the translation of success stories, documents, and official letters from English to Arabic and vice versa as required.
- Maintain and build strong relations with local partner organizations and institutions, including private sector, -educational, and public-sector partners
- Collect, analyze and report on projects activities to senior management and/or donors
- Support, lead, motivate and inspire other team members.
- Ensure effective communications, visibility, and knowledge management within YDRC Team, PYE program and safe spaces teams, and to external audiences (e.g. localities, national).
- Any other duties as assigned by program manager/Executive Director.
Reports Directly To: program manager/Executive Director and MEL representative from PYE.
Works Directly With: program manager/Executive Director, MEL representative from PYE , YDRC team members, Safe Spaces staff members, other local partners, enumerators as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 4-5 years of relevant professional experience in a comparable position.
- Good experience in working with youth projects or youth related development projects, child and adolescent development, or related field.
- Bachelor degree in English Literature and Translation, Business Administration, Information Management, Development Studies, Graphic Design or any other related field, a Master degree is highly desirable/
- Experience working in West Bank or Gaza, and existing professional networks within organizations and civil society actors engaged in youth development in Palestine.
- Demonstrated knowledge of gender inclusion principles, human rights, and equitable approaches for positive youth engagement and development.
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, teamwork, and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral English and Arabic language and communication skills with a variety of audiences including businesses, other NGOs, government entities, the general public and the media.
- Ability to think innovatively.
- Experience contributing to effective curriculum planning, design, adaptation and development.
- Experience in project design, project management, and training and capacity building.
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to work well in a team setting.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure under pressure, prioritize work, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Excellent skills using technology and computer software, including but not limited to, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply their CV and cover letter (at least one page in English) with explaining how you would contribute to the organization. To the email address: [email protected] before September 10, 2022. Please clearly indicate in the subject line Position. Emails with no position named in the subject line will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.