Al Nayzak for Supportive Education and Scientific Innovation in partnership with UNDP/PAPP is working on the implementation of the Leadership Development Component of Al Fakhoora Dynamic Futures Programme.
Al Nayzak is a Palestinian non-profit, non- partisan, Jerusalemite and unique initiative that looks for young talents in science, technology, engineering, and math(STEM), and plants an ambitious vision in the hearts of our community: “To develop, root, and reinforce a new culture that embraces science, and to announce this culture among Palestinian youth so that their competence in productive applied sciences could provide them with better economic opportunities that would lead to their future prosperity.”
Al Nayzak’s approach is to make scientific-thinking skills become an inherent part of the lives of Palestinian people. In order to do this, it applies empirical tools to help individuals acquire thinking skills and relate them to genuine savoir-faire and technology. In this way they become capable of facing challenges in their journey to achieve excellence and helping develop their environment and build a modern Palestinian society. UNDP’s Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (UNDP/PAPP) is the leading development agency working together with the Palestinian people to fulfill their vision of a peaceful, sustainable, and equitable society by promoting democratic governance, human development, human security, and livelihoods. UNDP/PAPP has been entrusted with generous donation from “Education Above All” – Al Fakhoora to support underserved youth in the Gaza Strip.
Al Fakhoora Scholarship and Empowerment programme aims at building a cadre of educated and trained leaders who are civic-minded, intellectually able, and professionally skilled to become community, business, and national leaders of the future. For this purpose, the Leadership Development Programme is considered as one of the main pillars that distinguishes the programme from other scholarships. Currently, the Programme plans to continue delivering leadership development opportunities for its 630 scholars who are from different backgrounds, study specialties, gender, and level of study.
- Assist in preparing and follow- up with the monthly and periodical project plans and reports.
- Review and follow up with the monthly plans and reports of trainers and facilitators.
- Monitor and conduct regular field visits to ensure the quality of project implementation.
- Provide the Project Coordinator with regular reports on activities undertaken as well as future activities.
- Ensure well archiving for all project documents in soft and hard copies.
- Manage and liaise daily schedules as well as coordinate visits and meetings;
- Organize internal and external events;
- Assist in meetings, workshops and activities preparation;
- Prepare official letters and documents as needed;
- Support the team in any related M&E task;
- Manage daily office work (answering phone calls and emails, following up, printing, photocopying, etc.);
- Guarantee good translation of project documents as requested;
- Document the project’s activities (video shooting, taking photos, editing, etc.)
- Perform related duties as required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education and qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in business administration, or any related discipline. Master degree is an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience of Human Development and leadership programmes.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in youth capacity building, leadership, effective and strong communication skills, tracking budget expenses, project management, self-development, planning, and performance management.
- Previous experience in working with NGOs/INGOs and donors is required and strongly preferred 3 years at least.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
- Rich experience in monitoring and evaluation tools.
Essential skills and attributes
- Excellent Research skills.
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines, and multi- tasked teams.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Excellent networking skills and ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and different age groups.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve problems and think laterally and creatively.
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office and project management tools.
- Ability to contribute and collaborate to a proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively.
- Strong Knowledge of financial procedures and liquidation processes and documentation.
- Handle sensitive situations and confidential information in a mature and discreet manner.
- Be well organized and has a high degree of attention to details.
Professionals who possess the minimum requirements are encouraged to send their cover letter and CV at [email protected] no later than 14.01.2021 , indicating the vacancy number and position.