Program Assistant – Gaza Sky Geeks Program
Position Status : Full-time
Position Title : Program Assistant – Gaza Sky Geeks Program
Position Type : Regular Full Time Contract
Position Level : Entry Level (2H)
Location : Ramallah, with frequent travel.
Mercy Corps (MC) is a non-profit, non-aligned, secular non-governmental (NGO) humanitarian relief and development organization, registered in the United States and Scotland with offices in more than 40 countries around the world, including the West Bank and Gaza, where the organization has been active in implementing relief and development programs for nearly a decade. Mercy Corps ‘West Bank and Gaza’ has staff based in East Jerusalem and Gaza City offices that implement programs throughout the Palestinian territories.
Mercy Corps’ Economic Security Program is a part of its overall Palestinian Community Assistance Program. The Economic Security Program aims at providing cash for work assistance for labors of the industrial sectors. The post-conflict economic situation among the different business and sectors lead productive factories to witness unprecedented increase of unemployment and putting many labors at risk of losing their jobs. By this intervention, Mercy Corps aims at alleviating the poverty and suffering; and improve food security for this vulnerable segment of population “labor workforce” and their families.
About Gaza Sky Geeks:
Gaza Sky Geeks trains Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank to become world-class software engineers, online freelancers, and startup founders to help them earn significant incomes, grow into effective tech leaders, and accelerate the Palestinian tech ecosystem and economy. In 2017, we launched Palestine’s first full-stack coding bootcamp in Gaza, with a second campus opening in the West Bank in November. In early 2018, we launched a Digital Outsourcing and Hiring Agency to build a pipeline of commercial work from international clients to begin to hire our developers to build their products or join their engineering teams.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Program Coordinator will provide programmatic and administrative support for Mercy Corps Programs, primarily relating to Gaza Sky Geeks (GSG) expansion activities, in the West Bank. The PC will work with a network of local and multinational partners and stakeholders on issues concerning youth training, employability, capacity building, and economic development. The PC will work closely with the Program officer and GSG Vertical Leads on all aspects of the program and provide effective and efficient support to ensure smooth implementation including programmatic, administrative, logistical and procurement support, information gathering, and organizing training. The PC will work to ensure data quality, including, data collection, data entry, and sound filing and documentation of program records for participants and activities. The PC will collect, analyze and report on monitoring and evaluation data, and prepare scopes of works as requested.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist in arranging workshops and training sessions, attending meetings and community gatherings.
2. Engage in the planning phase of an event and ensure the effective implementation of training and capacity building program for local NGOs in the field.
3. Monitor trainings and program activities and provide all support needed.
4. Write reports documenting work carried out in the field
5. Collect, analyze and report on monitoring and evaluation data and maintain relevant program files, and support documents.
6. Prepare scopes of works with contractors, including companies, consultants and organizations
7. Prepare logistic documents needed for finance and procurement team
8. Liaises and coordinates with MC and GSG departments (including logistics and Admin).
9. Assist in any other task or duty assigned by the Program officer
10. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
11. Travel to various parts of West Bank, Gaza and Israel as instructed by GSG Program Officer, for activities support and follow up (including staying in locations overnight if needed)
12. Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: N/A
ACCOUNTABILITY: Mercy Corps Personnel Manual, Mercy Corps Conflict of Interest policy.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Gaza Sky Geeks Program Officer.
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: GSG Program Team in West Bank and Gaza. Including Gaza Sky Geeks Director, GSG Operations Manager, GSG Community Development and Engagement Manager, Program Manager, and Mercy Corps Administrative, Finance and Procurement teams in Jerusalem.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
o University degree in business administration, economic development, information management, or any other related field.
o 2 years of work experience in a relevant field. Experience in information management, administration or a highly organized role in other fields will be of value.
o Understanding the differences between the social, political, and economic contexts of Palestinian communities, and a talent for communications with people across all levels of society.
o Excellent writing skills in English and Arabic.
o Proficiency in MS Office.
1. Excellent communication and coordination skills, with strong personality.
2. Excellent planning and administration skills.
3. Excellent ability to work under pressure and carry out multiple tasks
Qualified persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE no later than Sunday 01 September 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply separate application for each position you are interested in.