The OQ is recruiting a Product Owner to assist in managing the OQ’s Economic Mapping Team.Drawing upon outstanding stakeholder management and product development skills, the Product Owner will assist with the development of multiple applications designed to meet the specific needs of PA counter-parts. The Economic Mapping project continues to draw upon the potential of data for evidence-driven planning across Palestinian sectors. As the existing projects progress, the benefits data integration offers will multiply opportunities for partnership with additional ministries. Working collaboratively with lead software engineers, data analysts, and project manager, you will support and guide the definition, implementation, and delivery of software applications. You will use your analytical and problem-solving expertise to provide oversight, guidance, contract management support, and other related duties in one or more phases of software systems development, systems integration, or system sustainment.
- Support the development of software along with other direct and indirect tasks as required.
- Provide technical support from concept and design through development and integration onto deployment and sustainment of complex software systems.
- Define and manage system requirements, managing the product backlog, assisting in system architecting, conducting trade-off analyses, developing design artifacts to facilitate software development efforts, defining and executing the program test strategy, and assisting the project manager in monitoring overall program status.
- Draft and maintain design artifacts and technical documentation for developed software including work plans, processes, and procedures to facilitate a collective understanding of the operational and technical characteristics of the software with internal and external program stakeholders
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelors degree in Design, Industrial design, Architecture, Software Engineering, International relations, Communication, Business Management or similar field with inclination towards design
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant stakeholder engagement as well as 2 years of team management, product ownership, or business analysis experience required; either in a private sector, public sector, or non-profit environment.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent command of Arabic and good command of reading and writing.
- Highly skilled in user research and communication: Serve as the first line of communication between PA counter-parts/external stakeholders and System Architects and the development team.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and relationship-building: Confident presenter and public speaker, able to represent OQ at meetings with senior external stakeholders from the public sector, private sector and international donor and diplomatic communities.
- Background in Agile methodology: Demonstrated in-depth understanding of Agile processes, managing and executing backlog refining sessions for sprint teams, providing recommendations based on metrics evaluated.
- Strong writing skills: We’re looking for an enthusiastic and precise writer to create product copy that's clear, helpful, and human. Your main focus is web and mobile interface text, but you’ll need to be nimble enough to craft customer emails, how-to articles, and other related product content.
If you love making boring stuff interesting and complicated stuff simple and always find yourself asking—“Could this be clearer? Could this be shorter?"—then let’s talk.
- Great team player: Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact with high-level individuals across a range of organisations; customer-orientation and sound judgment; ability to consistently demonstrate a professional manner in dealing with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally to the organisation; team player and flexible as tasks and priorities shift; ability to self-start and troubleshoot without supervision; ability to work independently and in teams in a small office environment; demonstrated ability to excel in a multi-cultural environment.
- Other: Experience with project management tools is an advantage (JIRA, Confluence, Slack, Asana, GSuite), as is experience working with IT professionals. Demonstrated competence with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio.
Contract type: Local ICAContract level: LICA Specialist 8
Contract duration: 3 months with possible extension
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة