Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non-governmental organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and society in Women and Childhood, Food Security, Economic Empowerment, Community Development and emergency response & early recovery. Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community. For further information about Bayader, please visit: www.bayader.ps.
Bayader is recruiting candidates for the following position:
Position Title: procurement officer - Part Time (50%)
Number of available Positions: 1
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Works in coordination with: Financial Manager, Project Manager.
Direct Report: Financial Manager
Expected Start Date: October 2023
Expected Duration: 22 Months
Salary: Euro 550 (including end of benefits)
SAWA II project background
Bayader received funding from Enabel for the implementation of project activities related to the livelihood component in the middle, Khan Younis and Rafah governorates. In collaboration with the European Union Delegation EUDEL and Belgium, the Belgian development agency Enabel is leading the implementation of the intervention "Enhance the Resilience of Micro-Businesses and Create Sustainable Livelihood Opportunities in the Gaza strip" SAWA II. In partnership with Enabel, Bayader is responsible to achieve the following results: Enhancing economic resilience for three right target groups in the Gaza Strip, Vulnerable youth and women established sustainable MSEs, owners of affected MSEs reviving their businesses and owners of existing MSEs scaled up their businesses that are viable, sustainable and innovative in their economies and generate sufficient income to meet their livelihood needs and improve their individual resilience. SAWA II will support the creation of viable and economically feasible livelihood micro businesses through providing capacity building, skills enhancement, seed funding, coaching, and mentoring to vulnerable and marginalized women and youth following the community-based and sustainable livelihood approach.
Bayader would like to hire a procurement officer to work with SAWA II and different projects implemented by Bayader.
Procurement officer responsible for assessing products, services, and suppliers and negotiating contract as per Bayader’s policies and internal regulations while ensuring compliance, quality, and cost efficiency. The Procurement officer will act as the focal point for the procurement of services and supplies for Bayader Organization
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review and ensure receiving detailed technical specifications and quantities from requestors before issuing the purchasing activities.
- Provide a strategic, efficient, and flexible procurement process that will deliver optimum value for money, cost savings, and the best quality of service.
- Oversee the preparation of advertisements, Requests for Quotations/Proposals, Initiations to Bid, and coordination of their timely dispatch by hand, or email.
- Follow up with vendors regarding pricing, and product availability, and track orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Oversee and manage the purchasing of services, materials, and products in compliance with Bayader rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and best procurement practices.
- Oversee and follow up on all ongoing contracts, track their deadlines, and support in issuing admin, time, and cost modifications when needed.
- Coordinate and follow up on payments submission, and gather all related documents when needed.
- Manage the process of receiving, opening, and evaluating bids/quotations, preparing evaluation documents, and price analysis, in addition to contracts and agreements.
- Set up and lead negotiation meetings with suppliers to obtain the best value as necessary
- Conduct market research for potential vendors when needed.
- Coordinate with the finance department to avoid any discrepancies and to agree on the contract’s payment terms and other financial supportive documents.
- Interact with suppliers on a daily basis to resolve contractual and delivery issues, and create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers.
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Follow up on VAT exemption documents as necessary and as requested by the procurement activities
- Maintain appropriate records (soft and hard copies) to ensure that the procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit purposes.
- Assist in the development of internal procedures and documentation related to the procurement department and help to drive better procurement practices.
- Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information.
- Work with other team members to perform all assigned duties as needed
- Undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the grade of the post
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- BA Degree in accounting, business administration or related business field from an accredited university.
- At least 3 years of experience working with local NGOs.
- At least 2 years of relevant procurement experience.
- Good knowledge of technical and operational aspects of procurement cycle.
- Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems.
- Excellent knowledge of the local procurement procedures;
- Very good knowledge of technical and operational aspects of procurement implementation.
- The ability to work under pressure within teamwork arrangements.
- Conscientious- detailed oriented, accurate, and precise attention to detail.
- Maintain Confidentiality
- Good command of the English language.
- Professional communication with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, donors, and directors
- Maintains a positive attitude and high standards of performance
- Passionate about the job - Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Hard-working- takes initiative.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE
- Deadline for submitting applications Tuesday 03.10.2023 no later than 16:00 PM.
- Bayader is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, or disability status.
- Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply and to seek Bayader for Environment & Development support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
- At Bayader, we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of all people including children/ vulnerable adults our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.