Posting Title : Procurement Officer Fixed Term - Internal and External - Field Office Jerusalem - Grade, 14
Job Code Title : Procurement Officer
Department/ Office : UNRWA - Administration & Support Services
Location : FO West Bank
Posting Period : 26 July 2021 - 8 August 2021
Job Opening number : 21-PRO-S.U. Administration & Support-160478-R-FO West Bank (R)
Staffing Exercise : N/A
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Org. Setting And Reporting
The incumbent is responsible to the Deputy Head, Field Procurement and Logistics Officer
In accordance with Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent:
A.Plans, develops and manages all procurement and contractual aspects related to procurement of diverse products as assigned; receives and reviews requisitions of List of Requirement/PR, and establishes and maintains work programme and schedule for ongoing and newly-planned procurement tasks;
B.Prepares submissions to the Local Committee for Procurement (LCP)/Agency Committee for Procurement (ACP)review and subsequent approval by the awarding authority ensuring full compliance with requirements for relevant documentation; prepares all competition documentation including the bid evaluation summary, analysis sheets and evaluations of quotations received; reviews different award options ensuring user acceptance of offers received against requirements
C.Oversees adherence to contractual agreements recommendation, amendments and extensions of contracts; advises concerned parties on contractual rights and obligations; monitors contract cycle management and ensures that contracts are closed and filed in timely manner; reviews contract performance evaluations; supervises and maintains samples received for further contractual reference;
D.Advises requisitioning units and recipients on the full range of
contractual issues; provides support and guidance at all stages of the contracts procurement cycle, identifies related complex problems and recommends necessary solutions; prepares reports on procurement activities and achievements and keeps the Procurement Department management fully informed on progress and issues as they arise;
E.Conducts market research to keep abreast of market developments; researches and analyzes statistical data and market reports on the situation, patterns and availability of services;
F.Prepares reports on procurement activities and achievements and keeps the Procurement Department management fully informed on progress and issues as they arise;
G.Evaluates reports of criticism of material or deviations on commodities received from users or inspection companies, and follows up with all parties concerned until replacement and disposal actions are made in an appropriate manner;
H.Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- Takes ownership for all responsibilities and honours commitments
- Delivers agreed outputs within prescribed time, cost and quality standards
- Follows and is aware of all relevant organizational regulations and rules
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own occupation/profession
- Actively seeks to develop oneself professionally and personally
- Contributes where possible to the learning of colleagues and subordinates
- Shows willingness to learn from others
- Seeks feedback from and provides feedback to colleagues to learn and improve
Planning & Monitoring
- Identifies priority activities and assignments; monitors progress and adjusts priorities as required
- Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work with maximum impact and efficiency
- Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary
- Excellent knowledge of statistical analysis tools
- Good analytical skills
- Technological awareness
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Provident Fund contribution (15.2% of basic salary paid by the Agency).
- Dependency allowances (if applicable).
- 30 days of annual leave.
- Compulsory medical insurance.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة