Procurement Officer Vacancy for an anticipated project in the Agricultural sector
Taawon, Ramallah Office
Taawon is a non-profit, civic organization launched in Geneva in the year 1983, upon the initiative of a group of Palestinian and Arab economists and intellectuals. The organization has become one of the largest organizations operating in Palestine and the diaspora camps in Lebanon, whereby it touches the lives of more than one million Palestinians on an annual basis, with half of these beneficiaries being women. Since its establishment, Taawon has invested significant funds dedicated to development and relief programs in Palestine.
Under the overall administrative leadership and supervision of the Project Manager and the direct supervision of Taawon’s Admin Unit Manager, the Procurement Officer will oversee transparent and efficient procurement procedures at Taawon and implementing partner levels of a Natural Resource Development Project anticipated to start soon. This needs to be done in a cost-effective manner and considering national and international best practices in accordance with Taawon procedures.
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for ensuring transparent and efficient procurement operations of a 4-years Natural Resource Management Project (Land, Water, Agricultural Roads) as per project requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities In particular, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Analyse the requests received in terms of budget, specifications, estimated costs, ensuring full compliance with procurement rules and regulations of Taawon and the donor agency.
- Obtain reference of market prices either using previous similar purchasing activities or the internet.
- Decide on the solicitation method based on the type of procurement requested and the estimated cost.
- Manage the vendor database and keep it updated, as well as processing the call for expression of Interest.
- Evaluate new vendors based on the volume of their companies, their profile, their customers, and their previous contracts and take the appropriate decision either in enrolling them in the project’s roaster or excluding them.
- Perform local/ International procurement process of goods/services and take the appropriate decision whether to use international or local suppliers based on all factors related to the requests and in compliance with internal rules and procedures.
- Take the role of the focal point for any procurement activity communicating the supplier’s query to the technical persons, maintaining the bids on in-tend until the closing time.
- Support the formation of an evaluation panel to review the technical offers, communicating to them all needed documents to perform the job properly.
- Contribute to reviewing the recommendation of the technical evaluators and ensure that they are following rules and procedures in this function; ensuring transparency is exercised in the technical evaluation; seek the committee’s clarification in case of any ambiguity.
- Ensure that all needed procurement decisions are present in the Procurement file.
- Contribute to preparing the procurement contract and follow the approval process.
- Solicit of low value procurement quotations, evaluating and issuing low value procurement orders.
- Ensure proper closing of each procurement request, i.e., communicate procurement awards to successful and unsuccessful bidders.
- Receive and review all invoices, register them and forward them to finance for payment. In cases, of quality issues coordinate with the technical team on how much liquidated damages to apply before forwarding invoices for payment.
- Maintain a proper and appropriate project procurement filling system; of procurement registers for contracts, tenders, orders, and requisitions system that ensures faster, systematic filing, faster retrieval of information, greater protection of information, and increased administrative stability, and continuity.
- Complete suppliers’ performance appraisal report after completion of a procurement transaction.
- Perform other related duties as required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Public Administration or Commerce or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in procurement related activities.
- Good command of English language (speaking, reading, and writing).
Taawon Core Competencies
- Results focus
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated knowledge of national and donor procurement standards, techniques, and operations used in contracting for goods and services.
- Extent and relevance of experience in non-profit procurement dealing with contractual issues.
- Extent and relevance of experience in identifying clients' procurement-related needs and in providing support and guidance from clients' point of view.
- Experience in logistics operations is an asset desirable.
- Knowledge of procurement-related IT tools and systems (i.e. enterprise resource planning, inventory management, procurement, database management applications, etc.) is desirable.
- Mobility as this position requires at least 35% of the incumbent time spent in the field.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة