The Palestine Children’s Relief Fund is a non-political, non-profit organization dedicated to healing the wounds of war and poverty in the Middle East. PCRF was founded in 1991 in the USA aiming to provide medical and humanitarian relief collectively and individually to Children throughout the Middle East regardless of their nationality or religion. PCRF has built the most effective, efficient, transparent and humanitarian relief in which every child in need gets the care and treatment they deserve while improving the fundamental defects in health services in the West Bank, Gaza Strip, Jordan, and Lebanese refugee camps.
PCRF is currently recruiting a highly motivated professional to fill the following position:
Contract type: Full-time employee
Location: Ramallah Office
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Conducts market research to search for potential vendors when needed and review the process of receiving detailed specifications and quantities before issuing bids.
- Communicating opportunities to achieve better value for money through better procurement practices
- Oversee and manage the purchasing of services, materials, and products in compliance with PCRF rules, regulations, policies and strategies and best procurement practices.
- Assist in preparing advertisements, Request for Quotation/Proposals, request for Price offers, Initiations to Bid, and coordination of their timely dispatch by hand, email or fax.
- Receiving, opening and evaluating bids/quotations, preparing evaluation documents when needed, selection memo and contracts in order to submit them for the procurement manager final review.
- Assist in negotiations to obtain the best deal with vendors and suppliers when needed
- Gather invoices, tracking related info, tax docs, and all supporting documents in order to submit them to the finance department.
- Coordinate with the finance department to avoid any discrepancy and to agree on the contract’s payment terms and supporting documents
- Follow up on all ongoing contracts, tracking their deadlines and help in issuing admin, time and cost modifications when needed
- Follow up with vendors regarding pricing, product availability, and track orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Issue and follow up VAT exemption documents and update the procurement manager accordingly.
- Assist the procurement manager to manage and oversee all ongoing purchases, projects, and agreements.
- Interaction with suppliers on a daily basis to resolve contractual and delivery issues, create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers.
- Help the procurement manager to orient and answers Operations team procurement-related daily inquires
- Maintain appropriate records(soft and hard copies) to ensure that the procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit purposes.
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information, and invoices.
- Work with other team members and the Procurement Manager to perform all additional assigned duties as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and competences
The successful candidate should have the following minimum qualifications:
Minimum Skill Requirements
- At least 4 years of relevant Procurement experience on projects financed by international agencies
- BA Degree in accounting or related business field from an accredited university
- Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems.
- Good knowledge of the local procurement procedures;
- Good knowledge of technical and operational aspects of procurement implementation;
- The ability to work under pressure. Within teamwork arrangements.
- Conscientious- detailed oriented, accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Working as a procurement officer in a medical relief program or having a medical background will be considered as an added value.
- Has a valid driving license and has the ability to travel between WB cities.
- Maintain Confidentiality
- English Fluency oral & written
- Listens to others and accepts input from team members
- Professional communication with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, donors, and directors
- Maintains a positive attitude and high standards of performance
- Passionate about the job - Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Hard-working- takes initiative.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter highlighting relevant work and a CV/Resume. The cover letters and CVs must be submitted to [email protected] The email subject line must include the position title mentioned above. The closing date for applications is 25/02/2020.