Report to: Gaza Head of Base, Procurement Manager
Responsible for: Assisting on the Implementation of WW-GVC procurement procedures and Supervision of Logistics.
Duration of Initial Contract: 5 months which can be extended based on fund availability and performance.
Language: Arabic & English
WeWorld-GVC (WW-GVC) is an independent Italian organization that emerged from the union between GVC NGO (constituted in Bologna in 1971) and WeWorld (founded in Milan in 1999), with the aim of increasing the impact of Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid projects in 29 countries, including Italy, and established in Palestine since 1992, WW-GVC works in emergencies and development with the aim of:
- Increased access to and integrated management of water resources.
- Increase the protection of vulnerable communities.
- Contribute to local economic and social development.
She/he will be responsible for:
Procurement and Coordination
- Assisting the Procurement and Logistics Officers and Manager in West Bank in overall planning and managing of the procurement of Goods, Works and Services required in Gaza
- Assisting in preparing contracts and amendments for procurement of Goods, Works and Consultancy Services.
- Assist in preparation of market study for qualified suppliers.
- Supports requestors to prepare complete Procurement Requisition Forms.
- Assist in preparation of requests for quotes / invitation to bid to the approved suppliers.
- Collect, negotiate, and receive technical and financial proposals from vendors, and draft the evaluation to assist the evaluation committee members when required.
- Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing.
- Communicate with the projects managers and finance staff in order to make sure for the proper codifications and allocation of the procurement’s orders.
- Liaise with suppliers to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries in order to evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness.
- Provide all required documentation of procurement to financial department as required
- Maintain and update suppliers list.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Ensure procurement files are accurate and records are in compliance to the procurement policies, the filing system is properly established, all soft copies and hard copies of procurement files are accessible and manageable.
- Visits suppliers (company site, stores, and/or production facilities) to collect information and support the due diligence process.;
- Purchase stationery, consumables goods, and any other item needed for the good functioning of the office;
- Being responsible for the management, maintenance, and inventory of the WW-GVC Gaza office (furniture and equipment – computers, telephone, internet service, and cars);
- Ensure that stock reports and physical inventory are properly done, documented, and matched;
- Ensure the respect of WW-GVC Stock rules and that the related tools are properly used (Reception Forms, Delivery Notes, Stock Cards);
- Supervise the correct use and maintenance of the organization’s premises;
- Support in achieving custom clearance and importing regulations for Gaza.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Degrees/qualifications in logistics, trading, international relationships, law, project management, engineering;
- Minimum 1 years of proved experience in procurement and logistics in profit or non-profit sector, with knowledge of restricted and open tender procedures, work contracts, service and supply contracts;
- Previous experience in NGO is an asset;
- Good knowledge of the social and economic context of Gaza and the Palestinian market;
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English and Arabic;
- Excellence in organizing, planning and prioritizing tasks.
- Strong commitment to learning new skills
- Willingness to be accompanied toward the achievement of new competencies.
- Arabic language and good level of English.
- Ability to work with a team as well as to work independently.
- Communicate professionally with all stakeholders
- Proficiency in using computer
Interested candidates should send their CV along with a cover letter, both in English, indicating in the subject “Procurement-Logistics Assistant Application – Surname and Name”, to [email protected] no later than 30/11/2022