Procurement, Financial, & Admin Assistant (Full Time) – Job Vacancy
Job Title: Procurement, Financial, & Admin Assistant
Duty Station: West Bank- with parallel in Jerusalem when needed
Contract Duration: 12 months
2-3 years of professional experience in a comparable position.
Starting Date: ASAP
Closing Date for Applications: Tuesday, April 05, 2022 – Time: 4:00 pm
The Palestinian Information Technology Association of Companies (PITA), in partnership with Jerusalem High-Tech Foundry (JHF), seeking a qualified candidate for the “Procurement, Financial, & Admin Assistant” positions.
The project aims to support unemployed Palestinian IT graduates to get jobs by upskilling to better meet the need of local and international job requirements. Despite the C-19 crisis, the number of jobs available in the Palestinian IT market is still growing and particularly for front-end, back-end developers, and data specialists. The boom in online retail and services is contributing to this growth. Despite this, fresh graduates from Palestinian universities face difficulties in meeting local and international jobs standards due to the learning gaps between supply and demand, which inhibit their access to such jobs, limit their ability to keep pace with technology shifts and meet the challenges of a fast-moving digital landscape.
The Procurement, Financial, & Admin Assistant is responsible for supporting that the accounting processes and systems of the Project are running effectively and efficiently and supporting compliance with donor financial and administrative requirements.
The Procurement, Financial, & Admin Assistant will support all financial issues related to PITA and JHF in coordination with the Financial manager and the general manager.
The Procurement, Financial, & Admin Assistant will work in cooperation with the Project Technical lead/ Coordinator at JHF & the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer, and he/she will report to the Financial Manager.
Main Financial-accounting & Admin duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and reviewing all supporting documents related to any payment according to the PITA manuals and Procedures and following up on all needed support with the Suppliers/Vendors, and writing checks on a monthly basis.
- Preparing the needed records for daily financial transactions when required.
- Supporting in making requests for transfers and payment orders internationally and locally.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns, Assist with payroll and related taxes.
- Comply with financial policies and regulations.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Provide regular financial reports as and when they are needed.
- Coordinating with local partners’ finance department to receive/Internal and external all expenses on monthly basis and complete the missing documents.
- Responsible for sub-grant documents including final agreements, modifications, all related attachments, and important communications.
- Maintaining the Petty cash or any other advances payments, transportation of the project during the workshops.
- Supporting in following up with partners.
- Conducting an inventory of physical assets and controlling them.
- Ensuring HR files of the project are up to date.
- Translating documents, formal letters, MOUs, and formal agreements from English to Arabic and vice versa.
- Scanning and sending scanned copies to requesters, mainly scanned copies for the coordination office, finance contracts, and daily administration work.
- Filing all documents/scanned copies as needed and keeping the filing system maintained.
- Follow up on the health insurance correspondences (reimbursements, additions, cancellation.)
- Responsible for stamping the payments as Paid.
- Supporting staff with organizational aspects of project events (roundtables, dialogues, training, etc.)
- Gathering monthly timesheets and ensuring that the project’s sources of verification are filed and maintained.
- Assist in preparing and following up on financial documents necessary for payments according to budget.
- Maintain an efficient filing system and manage all records.
- Keeping track of incoming and outgoing correspondences and communications.
- Provide general administrative and financial services as requested.
Main procurement duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Completely managing the procurement procedure from A to Z in terms of follow-up in purchase requests until the processing of contracts and purchase orders with the solicitation of offers, analysis till awarding in coordination with the Procurement Committee and the competent authorities.
- Established procedures for receiving and opening bids/proposals, ensuring adherence to the evaluation criteria stipulated in the bidding documents/RFPs in a professional and timely manner;
- Prepare and bookkeeping for all procurement procedures in close coordination with all involved including procurement documentation for each contract, both in hard copy.
- Preparing procurement reports when needed showing the status of ongoing procurement, including a comparison of planned and actual dates of the procurement actions, including preparation of bidding documents, advertising, bidding, evaluation, contract award and completion time for each contract;
- Assisting in the preparation of consultants’ terms of reference and administration of their contracts, including processing contract amendments;
- Preparing consultancy/ training contracts using the standard templates.
- Drafting bid notices and bidding documents for inviting and obtaining bids for goods and services in accordance with PITA Procurement Regulations;
- updating of procurement plan as needed and facilitating the purchase process of goods and services required in accordance with PITA.
- Assist in preparing and organizing traveling procedures, hotel accommodation, and transportation for staff, consultants, counterparts, and other advances.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- B.A Degree in Accounting, Finance, or any other related field.
- Excellent knowledge of the Bisan ERP system-Mainly considered.
- Good experience in the non-profit sector, local or international NGOs, -Mainly considered
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in administrative and financial arrangements.
- 2-3 years of professional experience in a comparable position.
- Understanding of financial systems and procedures.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office applications (e.g., word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Good previous experience with different donors
- Knowledge about the Palestinian Tax law
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet).
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered.
Interested applicants must include
(a) A resume (in English) and
(b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English).
Please submit your application by e-mail following address: [email protected], no later than Tuesday, April 05, 2022, at 4:00 pm.
Please indicate the Position Title in the email subject line (Procurement, Financial, & Admin Assistant).
Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.