2. GRIT Project Summary:
Gender-Responsive and Inclusive Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in the West Bank (“GRIT”) is a five-year project (2019-2024) funded by the Canadian Government and implemented by the Lutheran World Federation Jerusalem Program (LWF Jerusalem) in partnership with Canadian Lutheran World Relief (CLWR).
The ultimate objective of the GRIT project is to achieve improved and equitable learning and employment outcomes for women and girls, including women with disabilities (WWD), in the West Bank. This objective will be achieved by improving access for women to training opportunities, strengthening the functional and technical skills of trainees, and bolstering the the gender-responsiveness and inclusiveness of the broader Palestinian TVET system.
The Project will be implemented through LWF’s Vocational Training Program in the Beit Hanina (LWF-VTC) and in Ramallah (LWF-VTCR) and through a number of local TVET institutes throughout the West Bank in order to provide wide geographic coverage. The Project will directly benefit a total of 17,250 women and girls.
3. Overall Purpose/Broad Function:
Responsible for all procurement activities and contracting and ensuring compliance with donor and LWF procurement policies and procedures.
4. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Procurement and Contracting
- Work closely with procurement department at LWF central office to carry out all procurement activities and contracting related to the GRIT project
- Take the lead on the procurement process that may include, but not limited to: preparation of items specifications, tender documents, newspaper advertisements, collection of bids, organizing bids analysis, assist in preparation of short lists for qualified suppliers, contracting suppliers and follow up the delivery, participation in the GRIT Procurement Committee, send acceptance and rejection letters to bidders, installation and training as needed
- Ensure that all procurements are made according to budget limits
- Ensure that all procurement is in accordance with LWF procurement procedures
- Participate in the selection of suppliers based on criteria
- Conduct a comparative analysis on suppliers’ prices
- Review and evaluate the performance of suppliers
- Prepare contracts in close coordination with the relevant staff of the GRIT project
- Ensure full compliance with LWF and donors’ policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Ensure project compliance to LWF and donors’ policies and regulations regarding - but not limited to - branding, marking, vetting, contractual procedures
- Manage the day-to-day compliance issues of the program
- Cooperate and coordinate with all GRIT project team members to maintain project compliance
- Continuously coordinate with the Finance Department
- Other duties as requested by the direct supervisor to ensure the efficient implementation of the department's role.
5. Supervisory Responsibilities:
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
6. Education/Professional Designations/Experience:
- University Degree (B.A.) in Business Administration or related business field from an accredited university
- Minimum Five years working experience in procurement on projects financed by international agencies
- At least two years of experience with donor-funded projects and compliance regulations
- Excellent computer skills: Word and Excel
- Fluency in English and in Arabic
- Familiarity or former experience in working with USAID or Canadian funded projects
7. Other Specific Skill Requirements:
- Positive attitude and approach to help colleagues
- A pedagogic approach and willingness to learn and adopt new things
- Attention to detail and a curious attitude
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and under pressure, ability to take initiatives
8. Success Factors:
Ability to interact effectively with colleagues, and ability to support programmatic objectives with timely and meaningful information. Capable of multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and process information in support of changing requirements. An impeccable professional standard of ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application.