International Medical Corps is working to relieve the suffering of those impacted by war, natural disaster and disease by delivering vital health care services that focus on training, helping devastated populations return to self-reliance. IMC has been working in Gaza since 2009 and is currently implementing a project to support health service provision in partnership with local NGOs.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
International Medical corps is currently looking for: Procurement Assistant.
Reports to Procurement officer
- Provide to your supervisor the support to assist with the delivery of, and implementation of, all procurement support systems according to IMC procurement policies and procedures.
- Work with your supervisor to provide input to planning for procurements and the provision of advice to those making a procurement request, then assist with the processing of such requests in accordance with IMC policies and procedures, in a transparent, accountable, efficient and cost effective manner. Assist with ensuring that all procurements are managed, tracked and recorded.
- Assist your supervisor with local market surveys, to gain knowledge of the availability and price of local items.
- Assist your supervisor with engagement with freight forwarding agencies, freight handling/clearance agents, and local Customs, to ensure that cargo is managed at all points of the supply chain.
- Assist with the proactive tracking of all medical supplies, equipment, materiel and food in transit, through its receipt, storage, and onward distribution.
- Assist with capturing pipeline information to help ensure that Program staff are kept well-informed of incoming goods and materiel.
- Assist with the timely reporting on stock status, to help Program staff with planning of stock replenishment, and support Program staff to verify that distribution has occurred according to the intentions and plans of your supervisor, donors, IMC, and project partners.
- Assist with maintaining accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records of actions for audit purposes.
- Be flexible and manage your time accordingly, to be prepared to tackle other tasks commensurate with your role, and level of experience, at short notice.
- Ensure compliance with IMC policies and procedures, donor regulations and local laws.
- Ensure that the procurement and disposal of commodities, especially those subject to US Export Compliance regulations, are in line with applicable licenses and are properly documented.
- Ensure that vendor eligibility screening is carried out in a timely fashion, updated regularly, and, recorded appropriately.
- Proactively engage with your supervisor, and key staff (Program, Finance, Medical) on all matters logistic.
- Proactively engage on a regular basis with your supervisor, and regional IMC logistics colleagues to develop working networks to seek advice where needed.
- Assist your supervisor with engaging with donors, local government, project partners, UN agencies and other non-governmental organizations in order to manage the distribution of goods and materiel as, well as to ensure adequate information sharing, address common concerns/problems and seek solutions.
- Represent IMC in a positive and professional manner to contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of IMC’s mandate, ethics, values and standpoint with regard to other actors
- Ensure the application of, and compliance with, security protocols and policies of you.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree of Accounting, Business Administration or other related discipline from an accredited institution.
Evidence of 1-year practical experience within the field of supply chain management (basic procurement, clearance of cargo, transport, warehousing, asset management, etc.)
Show evidence of your ability to work in a participatory manner with staff to assess needs, implement and monitor activities to include problem-solving skills, with an analytical approach.
Negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills
Proficiency with MS Word and Excel (minimum requirement).
Interested candidates with relevant education and work experience are encouraged to send their CV to [email protected]
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email: Procurement Assistant
Deadline for submitting applications, Thursday, July 8,2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.