Purpose of the job and key responsibilities (brief)
The overall purpose of the Procurement/ Logistics Officer’s position is to manage the procurement and logistics needs of pal-vision programmes and projects portfolio.
The main responsibility of the Procurement and Logistics Officer is to ensure correct and effective management and implementation of the pal-vision Procurement Manual and back-donor requirements in projects, and provide capacity building to partners and other relevant stakeholders involved in PAL-VISION programmes and projects. The duties of the Procurement Officer are carried out in cooperation and coordination with implementing Partners, PAL-VISION Office staffs, Financial Manager and the relevant desk officer in the PAL-VISION Procurement & Logistics.
The Procurement Officer is a key member of the PAL-VISION staff and as such works under the daily supervision of the Financial Manager.
Procurement and Logistics ()
- Responsible for the management and implementation of the PAL-VISION Procurement Manual.
- Ensure professional implementation of PAL-VISION’s procurement and logistics activities according to the PAL-VISION Procurement Manual and Vision & Work Plan.
- Make procurement an integrated part of projects through involvement in the conceptual stages of project development.
- Implement and manage all type of tender procedures, obtain quotations, place orders/contracts by suppliers as per PAL-VISION Procurement Manual.
- Maintain robust and transparent procurement audit records to comply with PAL-VISION procurement and financial regulation.
- Build capacity of partners, PAL-VISION staff, sister organisations and other relevant stakeholders utilizing PAL-VISION Procurement Manual and donor requirements.
- Asses new partners procurement capacity and needs for procurement training, this includes the assessment of potential new partners’, feasibility of partnership and possible inclusion in any new project proposals.
- Supervised by the Financial Manager, the procurement officer is required to plan and carry out procurement kick-off workshops to all new projects that involves partnerships explaining procurement Manuals and donor requirements.
- Provide procurement advice, assistance and backstopping support including developing procurement plans and the preparation of tender materiel and contracting documents to PAL-VISION partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Supervise, review and monitor the implementation of partners’ procurement plans and ensure proper documentation in accordance with the PAL-VISION Procurement Manual and donor requirements.
- Undertake monitoring visits to projects to follow up on partners’ local procurement activities and practices, warehousing and documentation. Update the Projects designated management on the status.
- Ensure that all partners’ procurement documentation is filed as copies at RO for keeping and future reviews according to policies and procedures.
- Assist in building up an inventory of prices of items, vendors, consultants and capacity building institutions relevant to the work of PAL-VISION.
- Provide procurement related information to annual work plans, progress-, interim-, financial-, narrative- and final reports.
- Liaise with donors in co-operation with ffundraising Officer.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to the Director on improvements to the PAL-VISION Procurement Manual.
- Appraise procurement plans of new project proposals in accordance with PAL-VISION Procurement Manual and back-donors procurement requirements.
Specified logistical responsibilities ()
- Apply and obtain exemption letter from line ministries and responsible customs.
- Clear goods from customs and prepare relevant documents.
- Maintain and manage the inventory list for PAL-VISION assets and equipment.
- Ensure, with assistance from the Driver/Office Assistant, state of the art fleet management for all PAL-VISION office vehicles.
- Provide monthly as well as ad hoc analysis on fleet management (fuel consumption; cost of repairs, etc.).
General responsibilities ()
- Take active and constructive part in the teamwork at the PAL-VISION as well as suggest possible improvements to the performance of the office.
- Share organizational learning, knowledge and relevant information with relevant staff at the office and Procurement and Logistics department staff.
- Represent PAL-VISION in relevant forums, committees and trainings on procurement related issues.
- Liaison and maintain good communication and working relationships with partners, PAL-VISION staff in general, Procurement and Logistics Department staff and other stakeholders.
- Carry out the daily work diligently and efficiently, respecting deadlines and other colleagues’ workload and priorities.
- Assist in the emergency operations of PAL-VISION and any other duties assigned as the situation may demand.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Complete first university degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Business Administration, Management, Accounting, Logistics, Procurement; advance higher academic degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience.
- Excellent level of computer literacy and good knowledge of accounting software.
- Arabic language and proficiency in English, Hebrew is an advantage.
- Jerusalem resident/ID holder, valid driving license is an advantage
Send your CV to: [email protected] before 8 Jul 2020