MÉDICOS DEL MUNDO – SPAIN
Needs to fill the position of a
PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTIC OFFICER – Gaza
Support MdM Spain in the procurement of emergency medical materials and items in response to the recent violent escalation in Gaza.
He/she will support the MdM Spain in providing logistics support and guidance to the rest of the team. Alignment with MdM values and policies will be mandatory.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION AND DURATION
- The successful candidate will be based in Gaza with frequent travel to suppliers’ visits.
- The duration of this contract will be 6 months with the possibility of extension.
The successful candidate will be part of the team and will reports the field manager and overall supervision of the General Coordinator, as well, he/she will have direct technical link with Logistic Referent in HQ; besides functional level with Gaza Admin and Finance Officer.
- Provide technical leadership in carrying out all procurement activities for all MdM activities and in accordance with MdM and/or donor’s rules and regulations.
- Assist the Field Manager and Technical team with preparing procurement plans all MdM activities and ensure timely approval and execution of such plans.
- Execute and coordinate day-to-day procurement activities for acquisition of goods, services, and works, encompassing but not limited to verifying technical specifications or terms of reference, preparing letters of invitation/requests for quotations, overseeing evaluation processes, drafting evaluation reports, contracts, and minutes of contract negotiations, and ensuring all procurements are carried out in accordance with procurement regulations and the conditions of the grant and implementation agreements.
- Manage bid advertising, correspondence, bid receipt, and bid opening for all procurement processes, strictly in accordance with best procurement practices, and MdM and/or donor’s policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain accurate supplier and agreements database.
- Provide contract administration services, including arranging for proper inspection, ensuring compliance with terms and conditions of contracts, assisting with contract amendments, and support on transferring the selection of awarded entities during completion of works and delivery of goods.
- Monitor and report on procurement implementation status and progress of ongoing contracts execution.
- Maintain proper procurement and contract performance management files for management oversight and audit trail.
- Any other tasks as requested by the line manager and the technical functional link.
- Ensures that storage, packing and management of stocks are done according to protocols.
- Provides logistical support to medical department to ensure adequate storing, packing.
- Ensures there is a close monitoring and regular physical counting of the stocks in the mission.
Equipment, means of communication and fleet of vehicles
- Supervise allocation and use of equipment.
- Ensure installation, maintenance and repairs of the equipment.
- Update the equipment list of the Gaza office base.
- Supervise the management of the fleet of vehicles: maintenance, daily planning, price fluctuations, administration (insurance, documents); with the support from Gaza driver.
- Elaborate and analyse the monthly logistics reports including stock reports, cost of vehicles and activity report; purchase tracker, contract fallow up, equipment list.
- Send the monthly report to the field manager.
- Liaise with Gaza Admin and Finance Officer, General Coordinator and HQ logistic Referent
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- First university degree or equivalent in relevant field of interest.
- Languages: Very high level of spoken and written English, Arabic native.
- Office pack user level.
- The successful candidate must have at least minimum of 3 to 5 years of progressively experience in Procurement or Logistic related to supply chain functions.
- Experience working with NGOs is highly desirable.
- Working in the health and medical field is desirable.
- Ability to work quickly, under pressure, and with short deadlines.
- Ability to manage emergency situations and remain calm.
- Necessity to manage priorities and to adapt them daily according to the context.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and environment.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to listen and share decisions.
- Thoroughness and self-sufficiency at work.
- Teamwork and networking capacity.
- Alignment with principles and ethics of MdM
- Strict compliance with the safety protocols established for the country and MdM mission.
Salary scales of Médicos del Mundo in the oPt will be applicable to this position.
المسمى الوظيفي Procurement and Logistic Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 25 - Aug - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الراتب MDM’s Salary charts
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
People interested in the position must send their resume or CV, contact details of 2 references, and a one-page motivation letter in English to [email protected] before 25th of Aug., 2021 COB indicating in the subject: Procurement and Logistic Officer.
Applications not fulfilling guidelines and requirements will be dismissed.
As soon as possible.
Due to urgent need of this position, the selection shall be made on a rolling basis, thus we encourage early applications, and fulfilment of this position might be established before the deadline.
Médicos del Mundo promotes equal opportunities for all people. We establish positive action measures for those who, due to functional diversity or social and / or cultural exclusion, belong to under-represented groups in the positions offered. As a result, no candidate with a valid profile will be rejected because of a functional diversity or for being culturally or socially excluded for reasons of birth, ethnicity, race, sex, gender or any other personal, social or cultural condition.
This job description can be modified with prior notice and agreement between the two parties on demand of the direct supervisor other tasks might be added to the present list.
The employee shall respect MdM-S regulations and is expected to be available anytime in order to respond to an emergency and be flexible beyond normal working hours if requested.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة MDM Spain منظمة أطباء العالم - إسبانيا