West Bank/Gaza Active Citizenry Project)
Location: Ramallah, West Bank
Please Note: This position is contingent upon award and USAID approval with an anticipated start date of September 2022.
Global Communities works at the intersection of humanitarian assistance, sustainable development, and financial inclusion to save lives, advance equity and secure strong futures. We support communities at the forefront of their own development in more than 35 countries, partnering with local leaders, governments, civil society and the private sector to achieve a shared vision of a more just, prosperous and equitable global community. We work with government, non-government, private sector, and community stakeholders to promote transparency, foster accountability, and access the channels they need to make their voices heard, promote change, and realize their full potential.
Global Communities is seeking a Procurement and Grants Management Specialist for the anticipated USAID West Bank/Gaza Active Citizenry Project. This five-year $25-50M program will empower Palestinian citizens and civil society actors to hold public institutions accountable, foster social and political advancement, and improve overall living conditions and prosperity. The Activity will support the civil society sector, Palestinian citizens, media organizations, the private sector and other relevant stakeholders to become more active in decision making and advocating for their rights.
The Procurement and Grants Management Specialist is responsible for managing and executing the grants under contracts (GUCs) program and must ensure compliance with USAID rules, regulations, and procedures for the project. The Procurement and Grants Management Specialist must be a highly qualified professional with experience in managing grants and procurements, solicitations and advertisements. His/Her/Their experience must demonstrate a track record of successful procurement transactions involving contract and/or grants administration, and managing grantee relationships, including advertising grants, managing the application, selection and award process, monitoring, and evaluation of grantees. This position reports to the Chief of Party. We are looking for passionate, dedicated professionals to help us build the world we envision: one of expanded opportunity, where crises give way to resilience and all people thrive.
- Support grant administration, including drafting and reviewing grant agreements, reviewing grantee deliverables, and ensuring compliance.
- Support procurement processes, including drafting/reviewing RFPs and RFQs, conducting bid analyses and evaluations, drafting procurement contracts, and reviewing contract deliverables.
- Contribute to work plans, donor reports, success stories, and other deliverables as required.
- Draft and review sub-grants, sub-grant budgets, grantee programmatic and financial reports, and grant payment documentation.
- Maintain accurate and complete files of grants documentation.
- Review grant activities for compliance with USG rules and regulations, as well as Global Communities’ policies.
- Provide training and mentoring to grantees on grant administration and compliance.
- All other duties as assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management, Economics, or other related discipline with a minimum of 8 years of professional experience.
- Five (5) years’ experience managing donor assistance grants programs in a development context.
- Three (3) years’ experience working in a compliance related field (compliance management, grant/contracts management, audit compliance, or related field) on large (greater than $30 million) development programs.
- Experience in the West Bank and Gaza preferred.
- Proven experience in a similar position involving the administration of similarly sized, international donor-supported programs is strongly preferred. International NGO or for-profit contractor experience is strongly preferred.
- Evidence of strong budgeting, reporting, and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge/experience with USAID rules and regulations required; experience managing USAID contracts required.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of relevant local laws, regulations and policies is required.
- Management/supervisory experience is preferred.
- Evidence of effective communication skills, both oral and written; strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Languages: Full Professional Proficiency in spoken and written English and Modern Standard Arabic. Must be able to use both languages fluently and accurately and be able to read all styles and forms on all levels pertinent to professional needs.
- A passion for the mission and values of Global Communities.
Interested candidates should submit their applications through this link: Procurement and Grants Management Specialist.
This position is for a proposal submission and contingent upon award. We are currently reviewing all applications on a rolling basis and until a final candidate is selected. For consideration, please apply by May 1, 2022. However, we encourage candidates to apply immediately if interested.
Global Communities positively welcomes and seeks applications from all sections of society. We are committed to a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of everyone and offers equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.