The USAID West Bank/Gaza Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Activity or Forsah TVET activity is intended to build the capacities of TVET institutions in order to meet labor market demands and provide Palestinians with meaningful, well-paying employment and income generating opportunities. TVET Forsah will support the development of new technical trainings and improve the quality and relevancy of existing technical programs, with a particular focus on improving youth access. These programs will help Palestinians become more employable and find employment opportunities, or start their own business, in increasingly in-demand technical sectors. The activity will focus on three main areas: IR 1: TVET institutions’ capacity to respond to the needs of the private sector enhanced; IR 2: Partnerships between the TVET institutions and the private sector firms in specific sectors created; and IR 3: Enrollment in TVET programs increased.
The Private Sector Linkages Officer will identify and cultivate strategic partnerships with and between chambers of commerce, trade associations, TVETs, and private enterprises; support job placement and work-based learning (WBL), serving as a point person for private sector engagement (PSE) partners. While in Ramallah, this position reports to the Sustainable Partnerships Manager. In Gaza, they will report to TVET & PSE Partnership Advisor. This position will utilize experience mobilizing and effectively engaging private sector firms and business associations across the West Bank/Gaza and support sustainable institutional relationships between private sector actors and educational institutions and/or civil society organizations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical inputs to update and refine the private sector engagement strategy, working closely with the Sustainable Partnerships Manager and the Gaza based TVET and PSE Partnership Advisor
- Identify opportunities for strategic partnerships between chambers of commerce, trade associations, TVETs, and private enterprises
- Serve as the main point of contact for private sector engagement partners and stakeholders
- Support the Forsah TVET team in managing cooperation with stakeholders in the private sector, civil society, and national and local government and value chains in compliance with USG policies and procedures
- Broker linkages with private sector firms in collaboration with Forsah TVET’s objective teams
- Communicates progress and challenges to diverse audiences, and to external stakeholders as needed, in both oral and written forms related to the development of private sector linkages
- Support the Sustainable Partnerships Manager (IR2) in identifying, reaching out to, and managing cooperation with stakeholders in the private sector
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Degree in a relevant technical discipline or field including economics, finance, business, or administration
- At least six (6) years of experience supporting activities focused on the collection and synthesis of labor market information
- Strong communication and presentation skills, negotiation skills with ability to interact with people at various levels of the organization and outside environment, strong business and relationship management skills
- Having a strong network in the WBG private sector is preferred
- Ability to work autonomously, work with a team and solve problems quickly
- Knowledge of the USAID Private Sector Engagement Strategy and ability to apply this to project activities preferred
- Experience with private sector relationships to advance the project results and objectives
- Ability to undertakes complex technical assignments and manage special projects as needed
- Professional proficiency in English; fluency in Arabic
To Apply: If you would like to be part of a dynamic project team and are interested in submitting your CV for consideration, please apply through the following link:
Individual position postings including job description and qualifications sought can be viewed at the link provided. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for additional information. All applications must be received no later than January 29, 2022.
Select the position in which you are interested in applying for, fill out the required information and upload CV. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as interviews will be conducted soon. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill-up positions only shortlisted applicants will receive notifications on next steps.
About DAI: DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability