Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the Portfolio Management Unit, we are looking for a full time (100%) Employee
The professional performs the following tasks but are not limited to:
- Preparation and continuous update of informative documents for new GIZ staff members (e.g. Welcome Brochure)
- Responsible for GIZ Corporate Design guidelines and their implementation and corresponding communication with all staff
- Following publication of documents and ensuring the use of corporate designs
- Purchase and distribution of PR materials (e.g. factsheets and country brochures, follow up and update of calendar and schedules)
- Management of the Focal Point (FP): communication, including organization of regular FP meetings
- Provide information to “clients” (orally or in writing) in an adequate, clients-oriented manner
Supporting Quality Management:
- Knowledge management (constant update of internal file structure)
- Responsible for updating the full staff list on monthly basis
- Organise and analyse NP questionnaire for service quality of GH
- Support the organisation of GIZ annual planning, annual staff meetings (social gatherings)
- Follow-up of GIZ annual planning and mid-term reviews
Competencies Development and Onboarding:
- Prepare, organize and implement thematic workshops for GIZ staff members (Capacity WORKS), including management of offers, orders, contracts etc.
- Prepare and implement (upon request) orientation sessions for new national staff
- Prepare and implement the two-week orientation programme for international staff
- Prepare relevant documents and schedules for visitors and delegations (GIZ, BMZ, German politicians and others; draft programmes, programme leaflet etc.)
Assistance in meetings of Country Director and Heads of Programmes
- Various correspondence, processing surveys (GIZ, BMZ)
- Coordinate the work in harmony with all the other colleagues in the GH and PH
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in Communications, Public Relations or similar field
- Experience in public relations and communication
- Excellent collaboration, team work and interpersonal skills
- Creative and innovative approach to communication and branding
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office). Adobe programs knowledge is a plus.
- Native in Arabic, good knowledge of English language widely used in the country, ideally a knowledge of German
- Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected] which includes the applicant information form, CV and a one page cover letter, no later than September 10th 2018
Kindly state in the email subject “Portfolio Officer”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.