Organization: The Carter Center
Position: Political Officer, Conflict Resolution
Location: Ramallah-based, with the likelihood of travel in the West Bank (including East Jerusalem), Gaza Strip, and Israel.
The Carter Center (TCC) is seeking to recruit a Political Officer (PO) who will be responsible for coordinating and implementing Carter Center activities in Palestine and Israel. She/ He will liaise with a wide range of Palestinian, Israeli and international stakeholders and contribute to the analysis of a variety of issues related to the conflict. The PO will be required to draft written reports on key political developments related to Palestinian and Israeli affairs.
The PO is expected to:
- Assist the Country Director in the implementation of Carter Center initiatives.
- Contribute to Carter Center analysis and periodic reports.
- Assist the Country Director to maintain ongoing liaisons with key actors, including the Palestinian and Israeli authorities, political party representatives, electoral authorities and candidates, NGOs, academics, and young leaders.
- Represent The Carter Center in meetings with national and international stakeholders, including diplomats, INGOs, and donors.
- Assist in organizing the field visits for Carter Center headquarters personnel, consultants, and high-level delegations.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A university degree in political science, law, human rights, democracy studies, international relations, or conflict resolution;
- A minimum of five years relevant experience;
- Familiarity with the dynamics of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and related domestic, regional, and international politics;
- Rich experience in working with Palestinian and Israeli stakeholders involved in peace building initiatives and the promotion of human rights;
- Strong interpersonal skill; and
- Fluency in English and Arabic, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
Please submit a CV, cover letter, and an English language writing sample to [email protected] by October 1, 2021.