Position Policy Officer – APLA
The Policy Officer coordinates and undertakes policy development, providing analysis and advice, to support APLA’s policy initiatives and commitments.
Founded in 1997, APLA is an independent organization mandated to represent and lobby for the collective interests of LAs by supporting capacity building among local governments, facilitating exchange of knowledge and best practices, and serving as vehicle for dialogue between the central government and LGUs.
The Policy Officer will:
- Undertake research and analysis, review alternatives related to Local Government policy deliverables, identify and develop recommendations, to contribute to the policy process adopted by APLA’s policy committee.
- Review Local Government policies and propose required adjustments to ensure alignment with APLA’s policy directions.
- Provide support and facilitate the work of APLA’s Policy Committee. Follow up and manage the policy development process adopted by APLA.
- Assemble, interpret and analyze information, provide advice and recommendations to ensure all policy deliverables are aligned with the National Agendas and policies.
- Carry out consultations with internal and external stakeholders, including APLA’s members, partners, or members of the public.
- Participate effectively in APLA’s initiatives to develop new Laws/ Bylaws/ Legislations related to Local Government sector in Palestine.
- Provide regular updates to APLA’s members and partners regarding the APLA’s policies and initiatives.
- Prepare “Position Papers” and participate actively in executing policies that are related to local governance.
- Provide advice to senior managers, stakeholders and decision makers in matters of concern.
- Support or coordinate meetings, conferences or debates, sometimes including diary management.
- Write briefings, reports, and speeches.
- Deliver oral briefings and presentations.
- Perform any other duties as required and appropriate for APLA.
The Policy Officer will work in APLA’S office to provide effective and efficient management of APLAs Policy affairs.
The Policy Officer will report on a day to day basis to the Executive Director of APLA.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and experiences:
- University degree in public administration, social policy, economics, politics and internal relations, or any other related fields.
- Experience in governmental policy development.
- At least 3 years working experience in similar positions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, to absorb complex information and present it to different audiences in a clear and accessible way.
- Interpersonal skills, to work and build relationships with a wide range of people holding different views.
- Ability to understand diverse perspectives and to be able to successfully influence and negotiate.
- Effective research and analytical skills (including quantitative and qualitative), needed to build an evidence base.
- Good organization skills, to track priorities, work to deadlines and manage projects.
- Flexible and adaptable approach, in order to respond to shifting priorities and a rapidly evolving external environment.
- Ability and desire to acquire and maintain knowledge of Local Government policies.
Place of the assignment
Qualified candidates should send the most recent CV including Three professional contacts as references, and a cover letter detailing their interest and qualifications for this position to the following email addresses: [email protected]
Deadline for submitting applications: Thursday, 28.3.2019.
Please indicate the position title (Policy) in the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
APLA is an equal opportunities employer.