The Plant Manager shall be responsible for the overall day to day management of the project, including the operation and control of the different units for power supply, wastewater treatment and sludge handling. Reporting directly to the CWMU, the Plant Manager should have a good technical background, with a sound understanding of the operation and management of wastewater treatment plants.
Working with the data gathered from various staff of the plant such as the Deputy Plant Manager, SCADA Operators, Laboratory Personnel, Operations and Maintenance Managers and Administrative Manager in order to manage and operate the plant.
- Overall responsible for planning, organizing, directing and reviewing all activities related to the operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant.
- Oversees the working schedules of all site mechanical and electrical maintenance and repair works, all according to the Operations and Maintenance Manuals.
- Develops and supervises the application of techniques and methods in various process controls to increase the efficiency of the facilities operation.
- Reviews comprehensive reports and provides detailed information and recommendations to CMWU and where required, other public bodies/agencies when necessary.
- Prepares the annual operation budget for the wastewater treatment plant and manages funds received.
- Reviews all plans for upgrades.
- Directs research and development in the areas of new processes or techniques.
- Oversees all analytical work within the laboratory and the recording of all analytical results and to ensure compliance with the required standards relating to the discharge of the effluent.
- Prepares comprehensive reports necessary to provide information as required by local, state or national regulatory agencies.
- Provides solutions in the more difficult technical or public relations problems.
- Conducts facility tours as required.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of the plant operators and maintenance staff including training, scheduling and written performance evaluations.
- Works with employees to correct deficiencies and implements disciplinary procedures. Reviews operation and maintenance work through on the job inspections, conferences and reports.
- Provides advice on future system improvements deemed necessary to dispose of expected increases in wastewater flows.
- Reviews and studies the operating expenditure of the facilities.
- Ensure all mechanics respond to public complaints concerning wastewater overflows and/or odour control and ensure to contact individuals with a solution to the problem.
- Prepares health and safety documentation in accordance with Palestinian Regulations and to ensure that they are correctly applied.
- To oversee and follow-up on store keeping records with regard to the use and replenishment of spare parts and the general maintenance and servicing of all site vehicles.
- Oversees general site maintenance work and site cleanliness.
- Oversees the implementation and monitoring of the Site Health and Safety Plan.
- Oversees the upkeep of the Site Accident Book.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field of engineering (Process, Electrical or Mechanical), Master Degree in relative field is preferable. Overqualified applications (Ph. Degrees) will not be considered in the short lists.
- Ten (10) years of relevant experience, preferably three (3) years prior experience in a similar position.
- 45 years old or less.
- Excellent Knowledge of all wastewater treatment plant processes in detail.
- Excellent Knowledge of aquatic chemistry.
- Fluently Speak and write English language.
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Word and Excel etc.).
Qualified candidates should submit the following by hand to HR Department at CMWU Headquarters in Alzahra:
- Employment Application specified in the link below.
- Proof of qualifications.
- Proof of Training courses attended.
- Proof of work experience.
Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.