Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. To develop this work from Hebron district, we are recruiting a:
MISSION PHARMACY MANAGER
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
- Defining, coordinating and monitoring all pharmacy related activities in the Mission, according to MSF standards and values, the Medical Coordinator instructions and with consideration of national and international laws and regulations, in order to ensure the quality and proper organisation of medical supply process, procedures and protocols, the proper management of the medical stock in the projects and, in collaboration with the medical coordinator, the correct use of medicines and medical material.
- Supervising the running of the pharmacies across the mission, ensuring the proper implementation of MSF Safety standards, incl. pharmacovigilance follow up and waste management protocols
- Follow-up of emergency preparedness planning and maintenance of medical emergency kits.
- Being responsible for the good maintenance of all drugs and equipment in the pharmacies in the mission
- Facilitating correct stock management and transport/storage procedures, in order to ensure the availability of stock in all projects and to avoid expiries/overstocks and stock-outs.
- In close coordination with the logistics team, be responsible for the physical set up of the pharmacy in the mission/project including layout, storage and organization, inventory, classification, cold chain, hygiene and maintenance to guarantee the quality of the medicines and other medical material and prevent damage, financial losses generated by expired items, deterioration and robbery.
- Supporting the medical coordinator, and in coordination with Logistics/Supply and section pharmacist in identifying and setting up a system of local/IO (if possible) procurement and taking corrective measures when needed to ensure quality and proper organization of the medical supply process according to MSF standards and procedures.
- Support and participate in all drug and medical material supply processes, facilitate correct stock management using ISY STOCK database and perform regular inventory of medical supplies and supervise transport/storage procedures in order to ensure availability of stock in all the projects, avoiding expiration/overstocking/drug ruptures, to ensure overall efficacy and effectiveness of all pharmacy related activities.
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the project pharmacy staff/s as required.
- People Management and Development.
- Commitment to MSF Principles.
- Behavioural Flexibility.
- Results and Quality Orientation.
- Teamwork and Cooperation.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy.
- Essential demonstrated two years’ experience in pharmacy management.
- Previous experience with MSF and knowledge of ISY STOCK.
- Previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries is desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Mission language (English) essential and local language desirable (Arabic).
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, CV with reference details, copies of diploma, work certificate, professional license (if applicable) to:
Médecins Sans Frontières
Human Resources Department –Hebron Project
With the reference: MISSION PHARMA. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Closing application date is August 23rd, 2021.