Médecins Sans Frontières “Doctors without Borders” is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is currently seeking to hire a Pharmacy Manager to join our project in Gaza. He will be responsible for defining, coordinating and monitoring all pharmacy related activities in the project area including management of staff, according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures and the mission’s pharmacist and Medical Coordinator’s guidelines, in order to ensure the proper management and supply of drugs and medical devices
- Participating actively in the definition and update of the annual planning and budgets of the pharmacy activities in the project.
- Supervising the functioning and organization of the project central pharmacy and other peripheral units, setting the protocols and procedures to be followed by all staff in order to ensure the quality of the service provided to the population, including pharmaco vigilance in case of need.
- Defining storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents) in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and the accurate handling of the products and equipment in terms of hygiene and that all hygiene and security procedures are followed in project pharmacies (cleaning, controlling pests and rodents, etc.)
- Giving support in the ordering and supply process of medicines and medical devices. Monitoring correct stock management across pharmacies within project area, to guarantee a good control and up to date data of stock levels and avoid expiries, overstocks and stock outs. Reporting on drug consumptions and medical devices dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns.
- Ensuring, in cooperation with the project logistic manager, proper maintenance of cold chain and storage conditions (e.g. humidity, temperature, light exposure, cleanliness, pest and rodents control, etc.), and that classification and organization of medicines and medical material meet MSF protocols.
- Ensuring the collection of data for monitoring and surveillance of optimal quantity quality of medicine use. Supporting activities at service level for effective drug distribution and control, quality prescription (analyzing rational drug use), medicines reconciliation, antibiotic stewardship interventions such as restricted use antibiotic review, follow up of pharmaceutical care plans, patient counseling, good dispensing practices and safe medication practices.
- Supervising, coaching, motivating and evaluating all the pharmacy staff under his/her responsibility, in order to ensure the strict respect for working procedures and protocols. Ensuring that all pharmacy staff uses required clothes and equipment according to protocols, i.e. white coat, gloves, etc.
- To define, if needed, training opportunities for the medical staff.
- Carrying out all the reporting tasks associated to his/her field of action and responsibility, ensuring its consistency and accuracy, in order to support in the relevant decision-making and participating in monthly reports according to guidelines (SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.)
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Stock management
1.1. Complete analysis of potential prerupture and rupture and report to MedCo/PharmaCo on monthly basis.
1.2. Monitoring and estimating other potential drug supply issues (overstock, sleeping and soon to expire items) and proposing possible solutions to MedCo monthly.
1.3. Ensure loans and donation between OCP/OCB are followed as per SOP on monthly basis.
1.4. Ensure data is entered and recorded correctly into Isystock every end of the week.
1.5. Oversee the reception of all supplies and upon receiving of new item or change of codes, update Isystock accordingly and provide initial feedback to Pharmaco, MedCo and Supply responsible.
1.6. Ensure Isystock is regularly updated and in compliance with the current mission MSL.
1.7. In close collaboration with XPT and NST health responsible manage medical boxes including updating and refilling of content in identified location (Expat House, Office, and Vehicles).
1.8. Managing and regularly update the EPREP stocks in the centrail pharmacy and AAH in different location.
- Stock management in end user units
2.1. Manage and supervise the pharmacy storekeeper to ensure efficient and timely provision of drugs and medical supplies to end user units is done in adherence with the protocol and procedures.
2.2. Responsible to update and ensure the order form in each end user is correspondingly to their MSL in close collaboration with department NTS and Managers.
2.3. Ensure procedures for returns, expired other unusable products are followed as per procedure outlined in the protocol.
2.4. Perform monthly or as needed audits of drug storage facilities in the end user units.
- Narcotics stock management
3.1. Responsible for the narcotic stock management and registration.
3.2. Dispense the narcotic to OPD patients according to prescription and schedule.
3.3. Ensure all necessary document is filled properly and stamp in adherence with MoH standard and procedures by conducting weekly/biweekly review of prescription and visits to end user units
4.1. Proactively participate in the weekly ATB prescription review to ensure the antibiotic use is in adherence with the ATB protocol.
4.2. Compiling consumption data for the antibiotic use, evaluating and reporting the consumption figures on monthly basis.
4.3. Ensure a close follow-up on the ATB protocols in Al Awda Hospital for returning of items (when ATB patient are discharged) the use of security/buffer stocks, etc.
4.4. Proactively participate in the pharmacovigilance follow ups with the ATB referent and responsible for this when the ATB referent is not available
- Medical Order
5.1. Responsible to review and revision of mission and end user unit MSL (Medical Standard list) together with the medical team in order to support in the launching of medical orders.
5.2. Ensure timely communication to end user NTS/Managers of physical inventory scheme in preparation for each medical order.
5.3. Proactively participate in the intersectiona physical inventory and encoding data’s correctly into Isystock.
5.4. Responsible to formulate the first draft of the medical order in close cooperation with department NTS, Managers and MedCO
5.5. Follow up with PharmaCo/LogCo/ in JRS level and with Supply in Gaza level on all backorders still pending on a monthly basis or as needed.
5.6. Responsible in preparationof internal request for launching LP medical orders in Gaza.
- Training and HR
6.1. Train and coach the national staff on good pharmacy practice, good dispensing practices, storage and cold chain management in the central pharmacy and AAH.
6.2. Responsible for provision of training and refresher workshop to the medical staff (NST & XPT) on stock management, monitoring of drug consumption and drug ordering from the pharmacy.
6.3. Regularly monitor pharmacy procedures to assess for appropriateness in ‘real-life’ situation and work with the team to implement new or any changes to protocol/procedures as they relate to pharmacy.
6.4. Conduct post objective settings and yearly evaluation of the pharmacy storekeeper, including reviewing the achievement of the objective set for the past year, defining new objective and future development.
- Reporting, communications and meetings
7.1. Compilation of monthly pharmacy report (SitReps) for MedCo in a timely manner.
7.2. Immedicate reporting any stock/item and biomedical equipment discrepancies, quality issues (packaging and transport) to MedCo and PharmaCo upon the reception of supplies.
7.3. Document in writing any quality issue of medical supplies and biomedical equipement and keep a close follow-up and outcome for the items.
7.4. Informing and advising medical team supervisor/managers on pharmaceutical issues (Stock updates, prerupture/rupture, new items, recall from manufacturers, quality issue etc.)
7.5. Proactively participate in the weekly MDT (multi-disciplinary team) meeting, the biweekly Medical meeting, the monthly IPC meeting and in the ATB committee meeting.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education •Essential: Pharmacy degree
Experience: Five years, of demonstrated, experience as a pharmacist required. ,Experience in MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries is desirable
Languages : Mission language, English and Arabic essential.
Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3
Interested applicants must submit all of the following documents:
- C.V. and Cover Letter in English detailing qualifications for this position
Qualified female candidates are welcome to apply.
Only To: [email protected] , no hard copies.
Please write Pharmacy Manager on your application or it may not be considered.
The deadline for submitting applications is: Thursday 22nd August 02:00pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview.