A catholic organization in Jerusalem is currently looking for a qualified candidate for the job post; Payroll Officer – Full time- to join our general administration at the HQ offices.
Direct reporting administrative relationship: Chief Executive Officer
Functional relationship: Direct of Finance
The Payroll Officer will be responsible for headquarter employees’ payroll data processing and calculation, maintenance of employees’ payroll and reviewing attendance records, as well as issuance of employee pay slips. The candidate will also have to monitor the payroll of the organization’s schools’ employees in the three regions; Palestine, Israel and Jordan for internal control. The payroll officer will be responsible for calculating employees’ compensation, updating our internal payroll databases and ensuring timely payments, remitting payroll taxes and government reporting as well as preparing monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll statements. He or she will ensure compliance with government regulations.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to handle confidential sensitive information and ensure a smooth and accurate payroll process, thus a high degree of professionalism and discretion is a must.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Payroll processing for GA and oversight / monitoring of schools payroll
- Processes and issues employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Computes wages and deductions, and enters data into the system.
- Compiles employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Reviews time sheets, wage computation, and other information in order to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Verifies attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information to designated records.
- Provides information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, benefit plans, and collective agreement provisions.
- Distributes and collects timecards each pay period.
- Completes, verifies and processes forms and documentation for administration of benefits such as pension plans, and unemployment and medical insurance.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance ( ICPA is a plus)
- Proven 3 years work experience as a Payroll Officer, Payroll Clerk or similar role
- Hands-on experience payroll software systems
- Hebrew Language is a must
- Data entry and analysis skills
- Attention to details
- Strong math skills with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Good knowledge of labor legislation
- Time-management skills
- Reporting skills
All applications will be handed in strict confidentiality. A cover letter along with a curriculum vitae should be submitted in English no later than May 19th, 2018 only by email at: [email protected]
Only short listed candidates will be contacted