Re-advertisement - Pathologist, Gaza Strip– national position
Position type and closing date
Full time position, National Position.
Location: Based in Ahli Arab Hospital - Gaza
Supervising: No supervision responsibilities
Closing date for applications:14th of September 2022
Applicants are required to uphold the core values of our organization.
The Augusta Victoria Hospital as part of the LWF World Service Jerusalem program will implement a 5-year project in the area of “Developing Cancer care capacity in the Gaza Strip” funded by Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe in cooperation with the Al Ahli Arab Hospital by pooling technical, scientific, physical infrastructure and human resources with the ultimate goal of building the capacity for the provision of oncology care and services to the whole population in Gaza.
The Augusta Victoria Hospital (AVH) is a medical center of excellence that has been providing healthcare services and other health programs for about 70 years to Palestinians, including refugees from throughout the West Bank and Gaza. AVH, a program by the Lutheran World Federation, serves patients regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, or political conviction, without discrimination or favoritism; It is a modern tertiary care facility that serves the most disadvantaged patients from Gaza and the West Bank and has a special historic relationship with the United Nations Relief Works Agency (UNRWA) for Palestine Refugees
For additional information, please see www.lutheranworld.org/World Service.
Terms of Reference
Main outcome of the role:
Pathologist must be an experienced physician, knowledgeable in all laboratory and clinical procedures and have an extensive background in pathology. The position requires testing and analyzing samples to diagnose various diseases. The pathologist must have experience using clinical equipment to conduct tests, with the ability to research the results. Pathologist must also be team player and perform the pathology laboratory quality control protocols to assure high-quality results.
- Adhere to safety and infection control policies followed at Augusta Victoria Hospital and Ahli Arab Hospital.
- Provide patient care that is compassionate, appropriate, and effective for the promotion of health.
- Demonstrate knowledge of established and evolving biomedical, clinical, epidemiologic, and social-behavioral sciences as well as the application of this knowledge to patient care and the education of others.
- Able to review and evaluate their patient care and laboratory practices, appraise and assimilate scientific evidence, and continuously improve patient care and laboratory practices by constant self-evaluation and lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills that enable him/her to establish and maintain professional relationships with patients, and other members of health care teams.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects a commitment to continuous professional development and ethical practice and a responsible attitude toward his/her patients, their profession, and society.
- Research diseases and causes using various equipment, methods, and technologies
- Prepares samples for examination.
- Analyze tissue, cells, body fluids, and other samples.
- Document analyzed results; reports results and variations.
- Compile research and information needed for further study.
- Conduct tests, analyses and categorizes different samples against known results.
- Record and documents clinical manifestations in samples.
- Comply with all lab procedures, processes, and methodologies.
- Collect and analyzes abnormalities.
- Manage and teaches residents and junior pathologists.
- Instruct and manage lab technicians and lab assistants.
- Conduct a wide range of tests using scientific processes and methodologies.
- Perform external and internal quality assurance tests.
- Follow all health and safety regulations when handling and disposing of samples.
- Ensure the sanitization and sterilization of equipment and workspace.
- Submit research findings and data for study and collaboration.
- Attend and participate effectively in departmental and interdepartmental meetings and hospital activities.
- Perform any other related duties, as assigned.
The Job description is subjected to renewal according to the work’s need and it will be used as the base for the employee annual evaluation.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Qualifications, Skills and experience
- A medical degree from an accredited medical school by the MOH.
- Registered Doctor with Palestinian Medical Association.
- Currently pursuing Palestinian Board Certificate in Pathology or interested in obtaining Board in Pathology or already have a Palestinian or Arab Board in Pathology.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English and in Arabic.
- Ability to build credibility and trust with departments and staff and work effectively with them.
- Effective communication skills. The ability to effectively communicate with patients, caregivers, and fellow medical professionals.
- Teamwork-oriented and demonstrated flexibility.
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and demonstrate flexibility and creativity in planning and problem-solving.
- Respect and promote ethical values and human rights. In addition, maintaining professional relationships and acting as guides.
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is a global communion of 148 churches in the Lutheran tradition, representing 75.5 million Christians in 99 countries. LWF World Service works in 25 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean. LWF Jerusalem program has served the Palestinians in Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza through humanitarian, health and educational programs since 1948. LWF manages the Augusta Victoria Hospital, two vocational training centers in Ramallah and in East Jerusalem and its central office is on the Mount of Olives.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below